Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 IE8 Skipping shopcheckout
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hall81191
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - January 31 2010 :  21:19:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm on an old release 5.5, but in the past few months I seem to have numerous orders that skip the shopcheckout page. The only common thing I have found is IE8. Other Browsers work fine, IE7 or below works fine. If you want to try yourself, www.golfs1source.com, if you get to the payment screen just use Phone Order and a CC is not required.

Rudi
VP-CART New User

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - January 31 2010 :  23:48:37  Show Profile  Visit Rudi's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Mate seems to work on win xp sp3, ie8

check order Order Number 56165

Rudi
Go to Top of Page

hall81191
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - February 02 2010 :  19:36:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With have had 4 mores customers complain today about this, they are all on IE8 and the other common thing is they filled out the customer info and shipping info. It skips the checkout and goes directly to shoperror.asp?msg=Order+has+been+processed.
Go to Top of Page

hall81191
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - February 02 2010 :  21:46:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can replicate the problem in ie8. We do have another site www.hallsongolf.net forward to www.golfs1source.com, start at hallsngolf.net add some item to the cart, close browser, should clean out the cart, but if you reopen ie8, go to hallsongolf.net, add the same item again, the cart now thinks it has 2 qty and when you go to checkout it will skip the shopcheckout. Do the same thing in Firefox or IE7 it works fine.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 03 2010 :  16:02:45  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

This is because the sessions are being lost when you jump from one domain to another.

This is not an issue in later releases however version 5.50 would need to be tweaked to stop this.

BYZ have a domain module which may fix the problem in 5.50 but you may need to contact them to get more info.

Simon?

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 04 2010 :  06:27:35  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

yep; the one you're after is:

BYZ044 - Domain Tools for VP-ASP:
http://www.bigyellowkey.com/mysoftware_product_details.asp?prdid=213&opu=n

For those with vpaspv7, this module isn't available/tested yet for v7, but it will work on 4.5 to 6.5; we're upgrading our addons for v7, some of them have already been done/released, and some are still pending testing for v7.

for v7 status regarding our addons, see:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/support/issue_view.asp?ID=1540

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on February 04 2010 06:29:06
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly