Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 CMS - add on or part of v7.0??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - January 24 2010 :  14:26:11  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was looking into upgrading, but I see that several features that are included in 7.0 were already done by me and I don't want to redo all the coding. However, I do like the CMS features.

My question is that the planning page says "VPASP 700 now has a powerful new Content Management System add-on available that allows you to expand your site to become a true online shopping mega store."

Are the CMS features an add on (couldn't find them) or a part of the new version?

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 24 2010 :  18:40:02  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

The CMS features include:

Blog Manager
News Manager
Asset Manager - manage images on server and include in description pages - Deluxe only
Content Manager

The updated CMS allows you to have complete control over all of your content via the admin.

And if you use the SEO Tool Kit you can control the URL's of your news and blogs as well!

See this link for example:
http://www.vpasp.com/demo700/blogs/new-features-added/

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - January 24 2010 :  20:01:07  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just to clarify, they are indeed a part of v7.0 and there is no need to purchase an add on?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 24 2010 :  20:04:56  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The SEO ToolKit is a separate module.

If you have the Deluxe Pac then this is included as well.

And the Asset Manager is built into the Deluxe as well.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - February 10 2010 :  22:40:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by support

The SEO ToolKit is a separate module.

Hi Cam,

Is there any more information on how this module works? I'm particularly interested in some detail on how the the dynamic URL rewriter works and configuration options.

So far, I've seen this page:

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/seotoolkit.htm

Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 10 2010 :  23:29:33  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Peter

The URL rewriter will create SEO friendly folders for each of the products and categories so you have control over what is displayed.

If you have a navigate around the online demo you can see the different names that are displayed.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00