Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 v6 to V7 query
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - January 14 2010 :  06:02:30  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I want to upgrade from v6 to v7 in a sub-domain, using an copy of our existing v6 database. I want this as a clean install, without incorporating our previous modifications and add-ons. Many database items will then be deleted, such as the majority of product data.

The v7 sub-domain will then be used to start again from scratch with a completely new design and data, whilst continuing with the v6 site for our customers to access. When we are happy with v7 it will replace v6.

But................... would I be able to export customers from the v6 database and then import them into the v7 database?

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 14 2010 :  21:22:16  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Sharon,

Version 7.0 comes with an upgrade wizard which you just point to your existing database and it will upgrade it for you so your existing data can be used with version 7.0.

You could then just delete anything you don't want from your database.

Alternatively, you could use the import/expor5t feature within the Plus and Deluxe Pcas to migrate your data.

We have information on importing and exporting in our User Guide.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - January 15 2010 :  02:11:01  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank Cam, I take it that I can import data from a v6 database into a v7 database OK then?
Go to Top of Page

THeVerve
VP-CART New User

117 Posts

Posted - January 19 2010 :  01:41:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just upgraded one of my client's site from 6.0 to 7.00. The data seems to be imported properly and we've found no issue so far.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00