Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Random Product Display Background Colour
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - December 06 2009 :  07:24:55  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am trying to redesign the look of our v6 site. I am running a completely separate copy on a sub-domain linked to a copy of the original database and am having problems with the background colour of the random product display.

I have searched the entire site for all instances of the colour = none found.
In shop$colors.asp I have
const FrontRow="<tr bgColor='#FFFFFF'>"

Yet it is still displaying with the previous version's coloured background. It's almost as if its stuck. I can't think of anything else to try.

Doug Page
VP-CART New User

Canada
85 Posts

Posted - December 06 2009 :  23:05:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you tried flushing your browsers cache?
Go to Top of Page

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - December 07 2009 :  04:57:54  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Page

Have you tried flushing your browsers cache?

Yes, the cache is not the problem. I can't work it out.

If I view the page source in a browser I can see the code <tr bgColor='#E1E1F0'> which is causing the problem. However, in default.asp all I have is <%Displayrandomproducts%> and that hex code doesn't appear anywhere in my site files.

Edited by - Sharon on December 07 2009 05:10:31
Go to Top of Page

williamj
VP-CART New User

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - December 07 2009 :  05:48:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sharon,
Most of the background colours will be in the shoppage_header.htm file or tmp_frontpage.htm
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - December 07 2009 :  09:12:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sharon,

seems as if there is a <tr> style overriding your shop$colors.asp settings. Open tmp_frontpage.htm in an html or text editor and look at the table style. If you see the offending colour hex code, either change it to your new one here, or remove it altogether and add the new color to shop$colors.asp like this:

Const FrontRow="<tr style=""background-color:#FFFFFF"">"

I know this might sound obvious, but remember to upload the files to the sub domain after any changes.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk

Go to Top of Page

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - December 07 2009 :  10:35:04  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carfin
I know this might sound obvious, but remember to upload the files to the sub domain after any changes.

Eventually I got my act together by re-loading relevant files. I hadn't uploaded all my changes. Nothing is obvious when you're stressed. Big thanks to Carfin for stating the obvious.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00