Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 New Design
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - November 28 2009 :  08:12:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just thought I'd announce (or plug depending on your point of view) the redesign of our main site www.temptationsdirect.co.uk.

It's been primarily done in css and is a major change from our old design (which can still be seen at www.temptationsdirect.com).

What do you guys think?

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop including vibrators and dildos.

need4speed
Starting Member

Denmark
31 Posts

Posted - November 28 2009 :  16:23:32  Show Profile  Visit need4speed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I really like all the details you have added to the layout and its one of the more nice designs I have seen for the VPASP cart.

How have you made the small exstra thumbnails to popup as you have? I really like the smoothness.

Need a fresh design or a webshop+ Try www.orango.nu - More than just design
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - November 29 2009 :  21:34:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

The extra images use highslide. There's a helpnote here - http://helpnotes.vpasp.com/shopexd.asp?id=930#930 on how to integrate it.
quote:
Originally posted by need4speed

I really like all the details you have added to the layout and its one of the more nice designs I have seen for the VPASP cart.

How have you made the small exstra thumbnails to popup as you have? I really like the smoothness.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

need4speed
Starting Member

Denmark
31 Posts

Posted - November 30 2009 :  10:45:56  Show Profile  Visit need4speed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much! I will take a look at it.

Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - December 02 2009 :  14:30:16  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like it alot. I wasn't paying too much attention and I probably should revisit once the kids are in bed. lol
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - December 03 2009 :  14:15:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by savvymedias

I like it alot. I wasn't paying too much attention and I probably should revisit once the kids are in bed. lol

Sorry, I should've warned people.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - December 04 2009 :  13:37:24  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You know, I kinda like a lot of elements of the old site.

It looks great and I really like the changing drilldown of categories on the left nav and tiny thumbnails for the sub categories.

I was just posting to support about how the metas are going to be done in v7.0.

I have had a few SEO clients for lingerie and toys, so I am interested in how that is working for you with vpasp -- looks like you have some of your own mods in there. I think the seo tools (or lack thereof) are the only areas I have found to be lacking in the cart.
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - December 05 2009 :  08:03:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes we have modified the code to use our own meta tags and have introduced extra fields to fill those tags. The way we have it set up we can change titles for each site at will.

The only thing I don't like about VP is it's seo problems.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - December 05 2009 :  08:51:49  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, then, I believe once the first service pack on v7.0 is released, I will make a MOD for SEO. I have done several mods myself, and I did send in a support ticket about the meta tags being stored in sessions, which is where the problems in SEO start.

I have specialized in SEO for over ten years, so I know exactly what needs to be done and where, but I have only a little programming experience/knowledge. I think if there are enough people interested (perhaps I should create another post), then I will see if the programmer I work with would be interested in helping me as a late Dec/Jan project. He is already working on it for v6.5.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00