Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Greate a 10% discount for alle of the products
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

need4speed
Starting Member

Denmark
31 Posts

Posted - October 25 2009 :  12:41:35  Show Profile  Visit need4speed's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Im going top open my shop and I whould like to offer a 10% discount on every product during my opening launch without having to edit every single product how can that be archieved?

I have tried to setup the Quantitydiscounts but it doesn´t change any of the prices :(

Need a fresh design or a webshop+ Try www.orango.nu - More than just design

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 03 2009 :  20:43:05  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

You can set a global discount up using the following 2 options:

xdiscountamount
xdiscountlimit

The discount will be displayed at the shopcreateorder.asp page.

In version 700 we have modified the Quantity Discounts option so that if catalogid and categoryid are left blank then this will act as a global discount and the discount will be listed at shopaddtocart.asp instead.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Cam
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - November 03 2009 :  22:49:02  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
another way to do it would be to use the retailprice value and do a mass-update via sql, and then reset it again after the sale.

NOTE: before doing any kind of mass-update like this, you should backup/export your products table so you've got a record of what the values originally were and so you can re-import the relevant price columns again if anything goes wrong.

NOTE2: remember that if you decrease your cprice by 10%, then increasing cprice 10% aftwards when the sale ends will *NOT* set them back to the original price, you'd need to use a different formula/pct for the reset-afterwards bit, or store the original value as a backup/copy and then copy it back again.
ie don't do this:
sale set:
cprice=100
cprice*.9=90
post-sale reset:
cprice*1.1=99
because as you can see in that example it'll reset it to a lower value even though you're using the same percentage.

The "retailprice" column holds the rrp (ie what the price would normally be without a sale) and is optional; if retailprice is blank then you just see the cprice like normal. if retailprice isn't blank then it'll display the cprice as the "for sale now" (ie sale) price, and the retailprice as the "normally for sale at" (ie non-sale price) and it'll also show the saving (ie "save this much: $blah" which is the difference between retailprice and cprice)

This has the advantage that you'd be able to see the sale-price and the savings on the product pages, as well as it using those sale-prices in the mini-cart/ordering-pages etc. too.

eg if no sale is on your data would look like:
cprice=100
retailprice=blank

if a sale is on your data would look like:
cprice=90
retailprice=100

eg run a sql something like:

first set the "rrp" (ie pre-sale price) to be a copy of what your current for-sale prices are:

update products set retailprice=cprice

then set the discounted price to be 90% of that:

update products set cprice=Round(cprice*.9,2)

(this assumes you're not already using retailprice)

after the sale's done, you'd then need to reverse it with sqls like:

update products set cprice=retailprice

update products set retailprice=null

That's just a rough example and there are caveats to exactly how/when you'd apply those kind of changes, but it's just another thing to think about when doing this kind of global discounting.

see also:

1. A freebie download/addon which lets you run those kind of update statements from vpasp admin:
BYZ097 - Advanced SQL Execution Tool for VP-ASP:
http://www.bigyellowkey.com/mysoftware_product_details.asp?prdid=223&opu=n

and/or:

2. A paid addon which allows you to run mass-updates with parameters and which also shows you the results in "test" mode (ie see what it'd do but without actually performing the update) -
BYZ089 - Bulk Product Updater for VPASP:
http://www.bigyellowkey.com/mysoftware_product_details.asp?prdid=293&opu=n

(vpasp does have a bulk-update facility for products, but it's a different kind of bulk-update; it's a multi-record format where you enter the details for more than one product in a single screen, whereas the byz089 addon and update statements above do the updates in one-shot without manually entering the values for each record)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on November 03 2009 23:30:54
Go to Top of Page

need4speed
Starting Member

Denmark
31 Posts

Posted - November 06 2009 :  17:03:18  Show Profile  Visit need4speed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What can I say im looking forward to the 7.0 version :)

And devshb thank you very much for the long and detailed answer I think i will use your solution.

Need a fresh design or a webshop+ Try www.orango.nu - More than just design
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00