Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Can you add fields to datbases in admin?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - October 24 2009 :  23:58:34  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am making some seo tweaks to a cart and wanted to add a few columns to several different tables.

Is there a way to add fields/columns in the tables within the database, or does this need to be done outside the cart?

I know I have done it before, but I just can't seem to remember how to do it, and I don't believe I did anything outside of the cart. If possible to do it within the admin area, I would rather.

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 26 2009 :  09:35:17  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We've got a help topic which explains that:

How do I add/use more pother columns in products for vpasp? :
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/support/issue_view.asp?ID=30

but if you're using sqlserver then it's critical that the overall table stays within the 8k fixed-col-size limit and that the text/ntext columns come last, so it's easy if you're using mysql or access, but if you're using sqlserver you have to be very careful.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on October 26 2009 10:10:03
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - October 26 2009 :  15:09:04  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Simon. That was really helpful, but not exactly what I was looking for. lol

Actually, I think what I was remembering is that I had added your free sql add-on to the last cart I was modding and therefore, I was altering the tables directly through that tool.

I am making my own SEO mods to the cart, but I will have to hand code them in so that I can have a text area instead of the rows.
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - October 26 2009 :  15:21:54  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I might be wrong, but if it's a memo field then admin should automatically use a textbox rather than a text field, but maybe that's just in the advanced-edit option.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)