Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Requesting Product Reviews
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - October 13 2009 :  16:12:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

I recently brought a spare part for our dishwasher from and online company (espares.co.uk), great service, had the part quickly etc.

One thing they did that I would love to do with our sites is that they sent me a seperate email requesting a review of the product I ordered. What a fantastic idea!

So I thought I'd try and do the same thing. Basically give it a few days and then send an email asking for a review.

I could set the system so a tracking message was sent and a marker was set (similar to ostatus) which said it had been done. But how can I get the products in the list to display as links directly to the product review page???

We already have a request in the tracking email asking for a review of the product, but it only directs people to the site generally and so the customer has to find the product themselves. Having a direct link would make life a lot easier for the customer and would encourage more reviews (hopefully).

Any ideas anyone, or has anyone actually done this?

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop including vibrators and dildos.

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - October 13 2009 :  17:17:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, partly sussed it:

In the Sub Handle_OITEMS I added
dim Mycatid, Myisql, Myoriginsite, Rsmyitems
then just after
ISql=Isql & Orderid
I added
Myisql="select other2 from orders where orderid="
If Getsess("oid")<>"" then
    Orderid=GetSess("oid")
else
    Orderid=recordid
end if
Myisql=Myisql & Orderid
Set Rsmyitems=myconn.execute(Myisql)
Myoriginsite=Rsmyitems("other2")
Rsmyitems.close
(other2 contains the url of the site).

Then after
If getconfig("xDisplayPrices")<>"No" then
         Body = Body &  getlang("LangProductPrice") & ": " & shopformatcurrency(RSItems("unitprice"),getconfig("xdecimalpoint")) & CR 
    end if
I added
	Body = Body  & "<a href=""http://www." & Myoriginsite & "/shopreviewadd.asp?id=" & Mycatid & """>Write a review for this item here»</a>" & CR
and now in the message template there is a direct link to the write review page for that item.

Next task it set up a marker in the orders table and a page to send the email from.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop including vibrators and dildos.
Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - October 20 2009 :  20:59:25  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use an email service called aWeber. I have the ability to parse an email to them telling them a purchase has been made, then it will automatically send out an email like you describe. Price is based upon the number of people in the email list. Nice thing about them, they work closely with the major service providers to ensure that they do not get marked as spam. Website is aweber.com

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - October 21 2009 :  00:30:17  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Steve, that's awesome. I have used emailmover.com in the past and was thinking of doing something similar.

For CandyPress, we had something similar that queued an email based on the status... once it had been 3-4 days, I would have someone go through and bulk change the order statuses to "Order Complete" and it would send an email.

Not only did we get reviews, it gave us a chance to make sure they received everything satisfactorily before they contacted us, which everyone thought was the best customer service.
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - January 26 2010 :  17:07:32  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Steve, did you get any further in this?

I am a bit leery to try to upgrade, as we, like you, have a highly customized cart. Did you upgrade?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00