Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 keywords - Search field - not working
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Promyntheus
Starting Member

USA
49 Posts

Posted - August 31 2009 :  22:19:45  Show Profile  Visit Promyntheus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've been installing more products into my website and recently noticed that the keywords I am using are not being found when I search for them. Is there some on/off switch or option I have to check or uncheck for this to work?

Is there a search limit somewhere I need to increase?

I have tried reloading the configuration and choosing different catagories to list my items in but they are still not found.

Another issue I have found with reloading the configuration is that if you just open your database and copy paste items down that the cart does not recognize your category items should be found under, you have to manually go in each item and list those categories... even update server configuration does not update those categories even though they are in the database file.

XP machine, Abyss server, VPASP 6.50 with all security updates and fixes applied.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 31 2009 :  22:24:23  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

Categories and products references are stored in the prodcategories table. So if you add your products directly into the database you need to ensure you use the level3 field to list the categroy ID's that you want your products to appear in.

If you have multiple categories for the products to appear in separate the category ID's with a comma.

Once you have added your products run convertproducts.asp in your browser to populate the prodcategories table.

For the search issue there is no limit. If you cant get this working it may be an idea to post a ticket in helpdesk and our support team will have a look for you.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00