Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Product Name or code in Title Bar-v5.0
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - August 15 2009 :  17:33:32  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Still running VPASP 5.0, and I'd like to know if there is a way to get the cname and/or ccode into the titale bar of each product's page? Right now my title bar always says my company name and that is all, regardless of the page I'm on. Here is a link to another site as an example of what I need.
http://www.neutrik.com/us/en/misc/210_t2_619292854/NAUSB-W_detail.aspx

Thanks,
Chris

lynch
VP-CART New User

USA
74 Posts

Posted - August 17 2009 :  14:53:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you using templates for those pages? You can just include [cname] or [ccode] in your titles. That's what I do.
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - August 17 2009 :  21:08:59  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apologies for being programming novice, but where exactly in the code would I put this, and how? I am using tmp_product.htm for my product pages.

Thanks,
Chris
Go to Top of Page

lynch
VP-CART New User

USA
74 Posts

Posted - August 18 2009 :  15:13:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does your template file start with <html>, or does it start with [add_pageheader]? I've replaced the whole contents of my template files, so it may be a little more complicated to do it from the default state than I think it is.
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - August 18 2009 :  17:20:43  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mine begins with ADD_PAGEHEADER, the original file that came with the software.
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - August 19 2009 :  04:23:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

try this thread:
http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3957
Not sure if this applies to v5 but an easy way to check is to look at your shoppage_header.htm file and see if this code is within your page <head> tags:
<title><%shopdynamictitle "title"%></title>
<meta name="description" content="<%shopdynamictitle "description"%>" />
<meta name="keywords" content="<%shopdynamictitle "keywords"%>" />

There's a great help topic here on setting up dynamic titles
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/support/issue_view.asp?ID=1465

Hope this helps,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

lynch
VP-CART New User

USA
74 Posts

Posted - August 19 2009 :  15:24:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not using add_pageheader in my templates -- instead, I have copied the header part of my page into the template. This makes it easy for me to insert whatever info I want from the database. I'm a coder, so I'm not sure I want to make too many recommendations for non-coders to change their stuff.
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - August 19 2009 :  21:47:34  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the help, but I am in no way a programmer and this is way over my head. I've tried adding this code to my shoppage_header.htm file:
v\<title><%shopdynamictitle "title"%></title>
<meta name="description" content="<%shopdynamictitle "description"%>" />
<meta name="keywords" content="<%shopdynamictitle "keywords"%>" />

but this made no change. I have a feeling there needs to be more done, or because I am running v5.0 this is more involved. I'll check with customer support.

Thanks for the suggestions. I gotta learn how to program! Any suggestions on where to get started learning how this code works?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00