Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Can''t create or duplicate a category
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rox66
Starting Member

Italy
5 Posts

Posted - August 07 2009 :  12:32:01  Show Profile  Visit Rox66's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've just installed VP ASP.

It looks like to work, but I'm not be able to create new category in shopa_addcategory.asp page.
After filling the form the page return in the same page with the form empy.

At the moment I create a new category duplicating another category.

Can you help me?

Thank you

Romano

Rox66
Starting Member

Italy
5 Posts

Posted - August 08 2009 :  04:49:21  Show Profile  Visit Rox66's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe can help.

My shop$config.asp file is setted on const xdatabasetype="MYSQL351" even if my mySQL database version is 5.0.5

I've tried to use const xdatabasetype="MYSQL510" updating the shop$db.asp file, but it doesn't connect to the database.

What to do?

I still don't understand why control panel let me duplicate the categore and not create them.
Go to Top of Page

williamj
VP-CART New User

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - August 08 2009 :  06:22:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Romanao. Which browser are you using? I've had similar problems using Chrome and Firefox but if I access the admin using Internet Explorer everything works fine.
Go to Top of Page

Rox66
Starting Member

Italy
5 Posts

Posted - August 08 2009 :  08:57:02  Show Profile  Visit Rox66's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use Safari and Firefox.
With Safari (MacOs X) I can't add a new category. To duplicate a category I have to use the Advanced Edit page. It doesn't work in edit page (same problem of create a new category).
About updating currency. Safari don't let me do it.

With Firefox (MacOs X) I can add a new category and duplicate it without enter in Advanced Edit page.
About updating currency. Firefox don't let me do it.

With Internet Explorer (Windows) I can add a new category and duplicate it without enter in Advanced Edit page.
About updating currency. Internet Explorer don't let me do it.

It looks like it depends by the browser. I think it could be fix easily from developers.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - August 09 2009 :  06:22:53  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

We have not heard about any issues with updating the currency fields.

VPASP supports IE, Safari and FireFox for the frontend of your site. We do not unfortunately support Safari as it is too limiting a browser for the admin however.

I will have a look at your ticket in the helpdesk and see if i can work out why you are having an issue with currency.

Thanks

Cam
VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - November 01 2009 :  00:58:44  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am spontaneously having an issues with Chrome and FF updating ALL database tables... I go to explorer and it is working. Any clue what is going on?
Go to Top of Page

salvik27
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - November 04 2009 :  04:07:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
¿Qué navegador usas? He tenido problemas similares usando Chrome y Firefox, pero si puedo acceder a la administración utilizando Internet Explorer todo funciona bien.

http://www.individual-voluntary-arrangement-application.best-debt-consolidation.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00