Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Rookie to VPASP needs help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

riprod
VP-CART New User

USA
85 Posts

Posted - July 06 2009 :  15:17:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I need help on a few issues which are plaguing my site from launching. Im new to VPASP, so my apologies in advance if Im not clear on my issues.

If some one can look at http://bb.mpadusa.com

I need help on the content pages, which are stretching to 100% width. I need them centered at 900 pixels. If you click on shop--> "the item" --> order now --" sign up new customer, you will see what I mean.

I have heard I need to do this in the shoppage_header page. I want the header to be 1024 pixels, but the content loaded below to be centered at 900. How do I do this? A table within a table? I see no reference in the code.

I also want to get rid of the images used by VPASP when signing up, or submitting shipping details (not to mention, these pages current are stretched to 100% too!)

I also want to change the font size and color of the header being used for all these content pages. I have literally altered every font now on every style sheet in an effort to find it but simply cannot.

Please dont refer me to any user manuals as I have downloaded all three and gone through page by page. If I missed it, what page was it on?

I truly would appreciate a VPASP guru's assistance as my site is ready apart from these little things. If someone could take a look, try to order (wihtout actually ordering) and click through the pages, they will see I pretty much have the same issues on all pages.

Email me at [email protected] please if you can.

Help!

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - July 07 2009 :  07:08:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Your main problem is that you do not have a left panel on your site which is the default layout for VP-ASP styles.

If you want to set the overall width of the site to 1024px you will need to open stylesheets/shop.css in an html or text editor and find the code:
/* Container which encloses the whole site to allow easy width change */
#container, #wrap {

width:1024px; /* change value to adjust width */

Regarding your Content:
1. For the main area under your header and navigation open stylesheets/shop.css and find:
#main {
font-size:90%;
line-height:18px;
width:900px; }

2. For product pages you will have to open tmp_productformat.htm and tmp_product.htm and alter the table widths to 880px and centre them if necessary

3. For customer service pages open shop.css and alter the following table widths to 880px:
table.customerservice {
.std_table table {
table.tbl_customer {

4. For Admin generated content pages (Home, News etc) go to your Admin panel->Add/Edit Content and for each Content page you will have to edit the table in the text input window.

5. For the shopping basket (Bag) display, open shop$colors.asp and find:
Const Carttable="<table border=""0"" cellpadding=""1"" cellspacing=""1"" width=""99%"">"
Alter the width and centre the table if neccessary

For your headers:
Open shop.css and find:
/* Main area text styles */
#main h1 {
#main h2 {

You can change the font size and colours here.

To get rid of images in customer pages, you will have to remove the references to the images on the following pages:
shopcustadmin.asp (look for WriteMenuTable lines)
shopcustomer.asp (look for shopwriteheaderpic lines)
shopcustomerform.asp (look for shopwriteheaderpic lines)

In my opinion it would be far easier to just use the default shoppageheader.htm layout

Any more help required just ask

Regards,
Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

riprod
VP-CART New User

USA
85 Posts

Posted - July 07 2009 :  13:01:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much for all that help!

However I now think I see what the issue is!

I had altered these files to try and tempt some reaction but got none and assumed it wasnt the correct file.

I did all your recommendations and no one thing changed on the site. I think VPASP is using a different style sheet for some reason. Where is this setting located to I can switch it to the default file you mentioned?
Go to Top of Page

riprod
VP-CART New User

USA
85 Posts

Posted - July 07 2009 :  13:20:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh top of all that, my sign up form fields are all centralized for no reason now.

Go to Top of Page

riprod
VP-CART New User

USA
85 Posts

Posted - July 07 2009 :  14:35:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please can someone help. This website is ready apart from these integration parts and I have exhausted every idea. I cannot figure out why my style sheet is not making these changes. And I cannot seem to alter the form for signing up, which is all centralized for some reason now.
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - July 08 2009 :  03:43:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

make sure that you have the following line in shoppage_header.htm between the start and end of the <head> tags:
<link href="stylesheets/shop.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
This points to the required stylesheet

For the sign up form you can open shopcustomerform.asp and find the line that formats the table (line 30 approx.):

Response.Write("<div class=""std_table""><table border=""0"" cellpadding=""3"" cellspacing=""3"" class=""tbl_customer"" align=""center"">")

Hope this helps,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk

Go to Top of Page

riprod
VP-CART New User

USA
85 Posts

Posted - July 08 2009 :  10:50:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much !

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic