Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 free product with purchase
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cissp
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - June 21 2009 :  13:48:18  Show Profile  Visit cissp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I have setup my shop where the customer get a free product with their purchase. Its working per the manual. The challaneg is I'm offering two free products with the purchase of one expensive product. How do I set this up. I understand that as its working I have added quanitity, catID in other fieldX in teh product page, however, how do I seperate the two entries, for example 1,5 and 1,6 where one is the quantity of the product purchased and 5 and 6 are the catalogID of the free products. I appreciate the help.

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - June 21 2009 :  17:16:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've had similar problems with this.

If the free gift is based on a particular product or products then our workaround will work for you.

We simply added a new product feature to the mai item. The feature contains one item (the free product) and is automatically chosen by default. Then when the original product is added to the basket the free item is automatically added as a feature.

For an idea of what I mean see our Tenga range (sorry they are mens sex toys so only view if not offended) - http://www.temptationsdirect.co.uk/p/5959/Tenga-Sex-Toys/Tenga-Male-Sex-Toys.html where we give free condoms with each toy.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop including vibrators and dildos.

Edited by - Steve2507 on June 22 2009 05:54:43
Go to Top of Page

cissp
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - June 21 2009 :  21:06:46  Show Profile  Visit cissp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you steve. It worked. By the way, how did you do the code for the buttons you lave like continue and checkout and so on. Is that a custom code? I noticed that there is no image on the icons. Thanks again for your help.
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - June 22 2009 :  05:55:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which continue buttons do you mean?

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop including vibrators and dildos.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00