Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 Automatically delete unfinished orders
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

psychobilly
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - February 12 2003 :  02:32:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the customer doesn't hit the "cancel order" button and doesn't finish the order it still shows up (if they submit the customer info page). I saw someone had a workaround, but it is a manual solution. Does anyone have an automatic solution? I have between 50 and 150 orders a day, so sorting through all incomplete orders would take time.

I'm using PayFlow Pro for credit card processing, it sends back an authorization number. Is it possible to remove these orders automatically (the orders without the authorization)?

Or

Is it possible to hide orders or display only orders not containing an authorization code on the admin page "shopa_editdisplay.asp?table=orders" page?

If I can hide the unfinished orders, obviously I do not have to sort through non-authorized orders for export.

Another workaround would be searching for empty "oauthorization" fields to delete them. What do I type in to find an empty field on "shopa_editdisplay.asp" select field?

Thanks

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - February 12 2003 :  11:27:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I changed mine to show all such orders in a different color. Anything that has an empty ocardtype is in red. Easy to pick out and delete.
These numbers are important never the less. Why did the customer go that far and not complete the order? How many are there? What products are being viewed but never followed thru on? Do you know these numbers? I built a counter into the products table such that every time a customer views a product, the items counter is incremented. Now I have a relationship between viewed and sold. Why are numbers higher on this product than that one? Sure helped in the analysis of product pricing and promotion. I also use a graph to graphically display the view/sold ratio. These are all things I have pointed out to support. Maybe they will consider including in a future version.

Go to Top of Page

psychobilly
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - February 12 2003 :  12:55:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Superal, I only sell one thing on my site. We just sell our catalog of products online to drive sales to our resellers. We don't need to analyze why someone didn't finish the order, it doesn't generate revenue, we just break even on the catalog.

Typically, there is only a small percent (maybe 1%) of incomplete orders daily. I just would like to export the orders and import them into FedEx without search for the incompletes. It's too easy to missing an incomplete order out of hundreds and ship it out.

I was hoping to get code to hide the record if "oauthorization" is empty. Can seem to figure out where to put it though. (I'm not an ASP programmer, just know enough to get by)

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

steve
Starting Member

United Kingdom
21 Posts

Posted - February 12 2003 :  17:09:00  Show Profile  Visit steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Superal,

this is a bit cheeky but how did you impliment the coulour coding and product counter? we would find this really useful.

Thanks

Steve

www.masterofmalt.com
Single Malt Whiskies of Distinction
Go to Top of Page

toddub
Starting Member

USA
13 Posts

Posted - June 06 2003 :  14:30:57  Show Profile  Visit toddub's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I find that 20% of the time the customer will come back to the order within a week to complete it, if you have cookies enabled.
~Todd
bigbike.com

Go to Top of Page

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - June 07 2003 :  10:11:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The product counter is an add-on that we have for sale at www.esastrategy.com. It includes bar graphing.

For the color coding:

In SHOP$COLORS.ASP add:
const ReportDetailRowY="<tr bgcolor='#FF9999'>"

In SHOPA_DISPLAYORDERS.ASP in Sub GenerateTable locate:
if processed<>0 then
response.write ReportDetailRowX
else
response.write ReportDetailRow
end if

change to:

if processed<>0 then
response.write ReportDetailRowX
else
if card <> "" then
response.write ReportDetailRow
else
response.write ReportDetailRowY
end if

end if

Go to Top of Page

Jill
VP-CART Super User

USA
249 Posts

Posted - August 21 2003 :  00:37:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't it possible to set in the configuration whether or not you want to save incomplete orders?

Jill

Go to Top of Page

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - August 21 2003 :  01:58:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, only a setting for xkeepcanceledorders and its companion setting xkeepcanceleditems. If the customer simply closes the browser before clicking cancel, the order remains in the DB no matter what. The only clue that it is not complete is the absence of the payment.

I have for sale an addon that allows one button sorting, displaying and deletion of these orders.
www.esastrategy.com Click on ESA Strategy software for details
Very inexpensive.

Go to Top of Page

candude
VP-CART New User

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - April 16 2004 :  06:22:16  Show Profile  Visit candude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The way I solved this problem is to once a week run the script that cleans up all unfinished orders.. of course if u want, u can also email unfinished customer requesting why they have not finished their order. We usually clean (delete) orders that have been there for more than 3 days..

The script is as is and is below (it should be working right away - just make sure to change your DB location).............

ALSO BECAUSE THIS IS PRETTY VULNERABLE SCRIPT - I WOULD NOT SUGGEST YOU RUN IT UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.......

<%
strconn = "DRIVER=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb);DBQ=c:\YOURDIRECTORY\shopping450.mdb"
Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
objConn.open strconn
Set oRs = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.RecordSet")
Set oRs2 = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.RecordSet")
%>

<pre>
Welcome to CUWCS - Database Clean Up

Deleting unfinished orders...

<%
' change date()-3 to date()-7 if you want to clean orders that have been in the database for more than a week

oRs.Open "SELECT ofirstname, olastname, oemail, orderid, odate FROM orders where ocardtype is NULL and oprocessed = False and odate < #"&date()-3&"#", objConn, 3

if oRs.RecordCount > 0 then

while not oRs.EOF

response.write "Deleting: "&oRs("orderid")&" "&oRs("odate")&" "&oRs("ofirstname")&" "&oRs("olastname")&" "&oRs("oemail")&"<br>"

if oRs("orderid") <> "" then
oRs2.Open "DELETE FROM orders where orderid = "&oRs("orderid"), objConn
oRs2.Open "DELETE FROM oitems where orderid = "&oRs("orderid"), objConn
end if

oRs.MoveNext
wend

else
response.write "No unfinished orders found..."
end if

oRs.Close
objConn.close
%>

I either want less corruption or more chance to participate in it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00