Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Product Review Email Format
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmppph
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - June 12 2009 :  11:13:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When the product review gets sent as an email for approval, it lists the product as the catalog id. It would be a lot more useful if it said the actual product name instead of the id. I managed to edit everything else about it but no matter what I try to change in either tmp_rating.txt and shopreviewadd.asp, I can't get it to work. My current tmp_rating.txt template looks like this:

Product Review

Product: [catalogid]
Name: [name]
Institution/Company: [location]
Rating (1-5): [rating]
Title: [title]

Review:
[comment]

------

If I simply change [catalogid] to [cname] that doesn't work. I think I must need to modify something in the shopreviewadd.asp page, but I keep breaking it. Has anyone else tried to do this?

Thanks!

Lauren

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - June 15 2009 :  04:13:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Lauren,

the template only uses the information that is stored in the 'reviews' table, and it's only the catalogid that is stored. However, you could get round this by adding the product name into the subject line of the email that gets sent to the merchant. If you open shopreviewadd.asp and find:
Sub SendMailToMerchant (objrs)
Then find the lines:
my_subject= getlang("LangRatingPrompt")
Change this to:
my_subject= getlang("LangRatingPrompt") & productname
I haven't tried this out but it may help

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

lmppph
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - June 18 2009 :  13:02:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carol,

Thanks for the reply. I modified the code as you suggested, but it doesn't return anything different than what I had before. I didn't even change the subject line (I assume it should at that point?...)

Thanks for trying though! Maybe I can at least use your suggestion to continue messing with it and figure it out. Or maybe someone else here knows how to do it. I'll post a reply if I can get it to work though.

Thanks again,

Lauren
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00