Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Adding Xcustomerotherfields
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  10:49:04  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am trying to just get an input field for "Heard About Us" in the customer table.

I have added a vachar(250) to the Customer table name HeardAboutUsInput.

Xcustomerotherfields = heardaboutusinput
xcustomerothercaptions = How did you hear about us
xcustomerotherfieldsinorder = No
xcustomerotherrequired = heardaboutusinput

And nada. Nothing shows up. Can someone help?

g3nnin
VP-CART Super User

209 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  14:45:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Have you tried to clear your web browser cookie and cache, then restarting your web browser.

You might also want to check using different kind of web browser.
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  12:57:59  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am having major issues with getting past the cookies and cache. I eventually had to download the cache cleaner add on for FF, delete everything from both IE and Chrome, AND change the config file for the name of the store to get it to clear.

What happens, in this scenario, when I have made changes to fields in the checkout form (making them required) and a customer is in the middle of shopping?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  21:32:40  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

Did you know there is a drop down feature that you can set up that offers a selection of choices to the customer?

xhearaboutus - Yes
xhearaboutusrequired - Set if you want this to be a required field
xhearaboutusvalues - the options you wish to offer as choices

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  00:26:57  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, but we wanted an input field. Often, people see websites at many different places, especially with a lot of PR, and you don't really know where you have been picked up until someone tells you.

I used the xhearaboutus for a dropdown, but the options include Dealer (provide name), Friend (provide name), Other (provide below). Then I have heardaboutusinput, which is an input field. We do a lot of business via referral, and we pay a referral fee, so having a place for this is essential.

Now, that is working, but the verbiage from "xcustomerothercaptions" needs to say :

If Dealer, Friend or Other, please enter here:

But if I put in the "," in the xcustomerothercaptions area, it thinks it belongs to another field.

I tried adding it all to the code manually, but I was missing an update sub somewhere and it was not saving to the tables.

I didn't think of this before, but is there a way to change the delimiter for those fields to be something else, say "" or | ?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00