Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Comments about VP-ASP
 VPASP 7.0
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 10 2009 :  05:48:25  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys

I am using Firefox 3.5.5 and don't see the text centered. i had a look in Chrome as well and it looks ok to my eyes. Um, Peter, maybe you just don't like our new vpasp.com design?

The new 700 version looks fine too. Could something else be causing the sites to display oddly? We have really moved over to CSS now so it is all a bit new to me being the dinosaur that I am. The young guys here all love CSS so won the day.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Dutch_guy
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - December 10 2009 :  05:48:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree about not implementing maillist capabilities in VPASP itself. With spam and everything chances are big that mails will not arrive.

The mailprovider I will work with is mailchimp, they also have an API so that you can synchronize your maillist automatically. Also free to use for small maillists
Go to Top of Page

LisaGriff
VP-CART New User

USA
90 Posts

Posted - December 10 2009 :  11:06:57  Show Profile  Visit LisaGriff's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jhoiland

Also, I ran into an install loop the first time around that just kept redirecting me back to the clean install page even though I had done an upgrade.

Turns out the wizard's permission checker Passed all of the new v7 folders even though I hadn't yet set their NTFS permissions as writeable.

As such, the upgrade process was unable to save any of the new config info. Interestingly, it marched clean through and never threw up an error.

So, if you finish an upgrade and end up right back where you started double check your NTFS permissions on the upgrade/config/admin/admin-config folders.

Thank you! This was driving me insane until I saw this post.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

jhoiland
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - December 10 2009 :  19:44:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ Lisa You're Welcome...I knew that would be a crowd pleaser ;)

Is anyone else successfully using v7 and Fedex Real-time Module.

I have contacted VPASP support to see if there is a new version of this module available etc or if the old one still works. Haven't heard back yet.

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 11 2009 :  07:22:04  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If anyone gets stuck with the permissions during an upgrade we have released an updated version.

You can download by going to the following page and logging in:

https://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustadminlogin.asp

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

peter_rjs
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - December 11 2009 :  10:57:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cam,

Chrome is definitely a problem. (v4.0.223.16).

This page is ok;
http://hosting.vpasp.com/default.htm

But the others are not;
http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpasptechnical.htm

Regards,
Peter
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 11 2009 :  20:25:08  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Peter,

Could you please post a screen shot so i can see what you are seeing.

On my version of Chrome which I downloaded yesterday all looks good for vpasp.com and the new version.

Is anyone else seeing the issue?

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

williamj
VP-CART New User

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - December 12 2009 :  03:43:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had this problem but I realized it was in my cache. It seems to me that I accessed your new site while you where still uploading and all the style sheets hadn't been uploaded. I reloaded the pages I was having trouble with and every thing is fine now.
Go to Top of Page

peter_rjs
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - December 12 2009 :  11:07:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Cam - never thought to clear the cache! Chrome looks fine now.

Peter
Go to Top of Page

PetarB
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - December 21 2009 :  00:35:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Original poster here. As you can tell we've been waiting a long time for this. A few customers are ready for an upgrade, and one in particular wanted it done... yesterday! Unfortunately I don't have time for a full review yet, but I will post one early in January. As it stands though things are looking good, and I'm looking forwards to giving you our full review later on.

One immediate suggestion regarding the installation however... don't make a fax number mandatory - that's old tech! But seriously, I do like the ease at which the installation script makes the whole process much easier. Certainly a massive step up from the previous editing of text documents.

Be back in January with our thoughts on the whole package.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 21 2009 :  04:24:39  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Petar,

We have actually removed that in the latest update. I agree that fax is a bit old school.

Glad you like 700! I am personally quite taken with it and have been enjoying playing with the new features.

I am going to be creating a flash tutorial on one of the more funky features which is Customer Groups shortly now things have settled down.

Jut trying to learn how to use Camtasia.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Rudi
VP-CART New User

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - February 01 2010 :  02:42:59  Show Profile  Visit Rudi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by support

Hi Mark,

As mentioned to you last time we spoke I recommend a company called MailBuild - http://www.mailbuild.com.

We cannot include a mail management system that handles bulk mailing within the system itself as anti spam rules make it impossible. Plus we are a shopping cart company, not a mail delivery company. We want to focus on what we do best and make sure we do the best for our customers. MailBuild have a great feature set of reporting and delivery tools to make sending out newsletters really straight forward.

We will actually be integrating with their API now that 700 is released so that is really exciting. You will be able to manage your mail campaigns very easily once this has been completed.

Adding the top navigation is simple. We can look at that for service pack 1 for version 7. There was just so much done that little things like this did fall off the list because we wanted to go live as everyone was screaming for the product to be released.

I am sure nearly everyone will be happy with the changes implemented into Version 7.0. Not all perhaps as you cannot please everyone all of the time but the powerful new features and options are in my opinion really great additions to your web site.

And as Dutch Guy mentioned, if it does not have a feature you want it is open source so almost anything can be created. On the PDF feature maybe you could offer this as a module for VPASP customers? I am sure there would be quite a few takers if you packaged it up and offered it for sale?

Thanks everyone.

I hope you enjoy getting your teeth into version 7.0.

If you do find a bug please post it straight away into our helpdesk so our developers can fix immediately and post an update.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support

Hey Cam,

Just wondering - since you guys dont have much on (jokes!)..... . when would you be releasing the API for mailbuild.com

Rudi

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 01 2010 :  02:56:11  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Rudi,

We are still working hard on some other projects but it is on the list.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

TheParson
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - February 27 2010 :  09:36:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I launched my new web site last night and the 7.0 cart is up and it ROCKS!

We're selling ebooks with locklizard.com (DRM) as well as printed versions of our resources. Being able to select tax and/or shipping on a product by product basis made VPASP the only solution I found.

I had Michael with Creative Chaos do some customization for me and I'm really proud of how it turned out...

http://www.touchusa.org/shopping

Check it out!

Edited by - TheParson on February 27 2010 09:37:37
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - September 17 2010 :  00:37:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peter

Regarding the demo that is up at:

http://www.vpasp.com/demo700/default.asp

The shopping cart still seems to be storing the cart contents using sessions. When I came back later, my cart was empty.

I note that 'persistent cart sessions' are listed as a feature. Is this feature missing from the online demo?

quote:
Originally posted by support

Hi Peter,

I have not switched on all the new features as yet.

On my to do list as well as getting the SEO friendly links activated as well.

I will update here as soon as this is done.

Just ironing out the kinks in our new site currently.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support

Hi Cam,

I note that the 'persistent cart sessions' still doesn't seem to be present in the online demo.

Is there somewhere else that I can check this out? Or perhaps someone has their live VPASP 7 site that they'd be happy to post?

Edited by - Peter on September 17 2010 03:17:35
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00