Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Parent/child products - displaying old/new prices
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anathanson
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - April 22 2009 :  14:03:18  Show Profile  Visit anathanson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On both shopdisplayproducts.asp and shopexd.asp, when a product has a regular and discounted price, it properly displays the old price (strikethrough format), the current price and the "you save" amount. But for parent/child products, since they are controlled by a different template, they only show the current price in a radio button list.

I need to use the parent/child feature since many of our products have multiple models with different SKUs and prices, but it is vital that we show the old/new/savings amounts.

visit http://store.rainbird.com to see what I mean. Select the controllers category and you'll see the mix.

Any hints on where to look in the VPASP code for the place that the price info display is generated would be most appreciated. I know I'll need to modify the template used for inventory products, but not sure where to start.

Thanks,

Alex

madbug
VP-CART New User

130 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  20:25:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Alex,

The sub product/inventory is using the template "tmp_productformatinvent.htm" and "tmp_productinvent.htm"

add in the code for the old price (strikethrough format)
$ <strong>[getlang langproductretailprice]: </strong><strike>[formatcurrency retailprice]</strike><br />

current price code:
<strong>[getlang langproductprice]:</strong> <span class='price'> [FORMATCUSTOMERPRICE cprice]</span>

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00