Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Anyone using a ticket system for customer emails?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - April 09 2009 :  01:22:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've reached a point where it's hard to keep tabs on all the customer emails we receive.

How do other VPASP users manage customer service emails?

I'm thinking about a 'trouble ticket' or helpdesk system to manage the emails we receive. The range of options is a bit overwhelming though. Is anyone else using something like this?

Agravane
Starting Member

34 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  11:29:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have created a ticket system for my company. I cant send the link because its on their itntranet. I would be willing to discuss with your your needs. My email address is [email protected]
Go to Top of Page

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - September 09 2009 :  00:45:16  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.helpconnections.net/ is ASP at $800
http://freehelpdesk.org/ is a PHP - Linux solution that is free
here is list of 100 softwares
http://www.helpdesk.com/software-helpdesk.html

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
Institute for Higher Learning
[email protected]
http://www.ironhawker.com
425-828-0738
Go to Top of Page

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - September 18 2009 :  04:57:54  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I beta tested this a couple of years ago
http://www.expinion.net/Applications/HD_overview.asp it is $249
and includes a robust file upload system
their add on is $99 for the convert e-Mail to Ticket

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
Institute for Higher Learning
[email protected]
http://www.ironhawker.com
425-828-0738
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - September 18 2009 :  22:06:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. We're managing for the time being, as it turns out, but I will certainly check out these options at some point.
Go to Top of Page

SQLDude
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - September 19 2009 :  07:07:52  Show Profile  Visit SQLDude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is a product called Code Charge Studio for $139 which not only has a complete system called the Task Manager for Bug Tracking, Support Issues and Tasks but perhaps a dozen more off-the-shelf mini-apps including a Knowledge Base system as well. We used it at United HealthCare to track Project Tasks, Bug Fixes and End User (Customer) Issues as well. It is well worth the $139 just for these off-the-shelf demo apps created using Code Charge Studio code generator. You can also generate your own mini-apps and code components as well using this tool if you are an ASP developer.

Their site is: http://www.CodeChargeStudio.com

Here is their spiel on their products:

CodeCharge Studio Demos and Examples

Rapid Web development tools are becoming increasingly important for a growing number of developers these days. CodeCharge Studio is being used in many innovative ways to create sophisticated Web applications. Take a look below at the professional-strength examples (many included with purchase) built using CodeCharge Studio. You won't believe how quickly you can start building better Web applications!
Complete Applications

* YesSoftware Website
Our own extensive, fully-functional Website was developed using CodeCharge Studio. It includes powerful product management and affiliate management features and a secure online store. It runs on Linux with Apache, MySQL and PHP.

* CodeCharge Forums
This powerful online discussion system has the advanced features found only in the leading community applications, such as integration with NNTP newsgroup server, advanced search, email notifications, spam filtering, and many more. It runs securely and efficiently on Linux with Apache, MySQL and PHP.

* CodeCharge Support System
The CodeCharge support site includes news/updates and documents depository and an online trouble ticket management system. It runs on Windows NT with ASP and MS Access.

* CodeCharge Knowledge Base
A user-friendly, searchable database-driven knowledge management solution that provides a centralized repository for company knowledge. Runs smoothly on Windows NT with ASP and MS Access.

Note: the Knowledge Base application is available as an example, free of charge to all registered users.

Basic Applications and Examples
The applications below are included in CodeCharge Studio

* Online Bookstore
This simple store can be used as a framework to create an expanded e-commerce system.

* Forum
A basic but functional online discussion board, ready for online use.

* Task Manager
The Task Manager is a functional task, issue and bug tracking application for small companies and organizations to help maximize time.

* Community Portal
A simple and fully functional online Web Portal. This portal is a great starter system for small organizations, clubs, user groups, and schools.

* Employee Directory
Extend and adapt the Employee Directory application to fit any organization. Make employee information accessible and improve communication and productivity.

* User Registration Form
A user registration form with validation of required fields. Ready for use on your Website.

AJAX Examples created with CodeCharge Studio 4.0

* Two Dependent Listboxes & Autofill
An implementation of 2 dependent drop-down menus (dependent listboxes) using Ajax.
Product information is automatically prefilled based on listbox selection.

* Three Dependent Listboxes & Autofill
An implementation of 3 dependent drop-down menus (dependent listboxes) using Ajax.
Company information is automatically prefilled based on listbox selection.
* Autocomplete and Autofill
Matching names are displayed automatically when typing a name.
Employee information is retrieved automatically after selecting an employee.

* Database Interaction and Tabbed View
Information is retrieved from a database and updated without page refresh. Two tabs are available for viewing and editing information.

* Modal Window (pop-up)
Changing user password is performed in a modal window. The new password is verified and updated without page refresh.

Examples of Using CodeCharge Studio Features
The examples below make up CCS Example Pack, included in CodeCharge Studio
Index/Directory Usage

* Directory & Path Implementation
Implementation of CodeCharge Studio's directory and path components.

* Directory Maintenance System
Hierarchical category maintenance system for use with the directory.

Editable Grid Usage

* Record Maintenance with Navigation
Editable Grid used for record maintenance, with navigation.

* Editable Grid with 'Add Row' Button
Editable Grid with new rows added using an "Add Row" button.

* Editable Grid with Auto New Rows
Editable Grid with new rows added automatically.

Creating Master/Detail Forms

* Simple Master-Detail for Employees/Projects
Master-detail page for maintaining employees/projects.

* Master-Detail Form for Order Entry
An order entry page example implemented as master-detail.

Data Presentation Techniques

* Grid with Navigable Detail View
Using a Grid to implement a record detail view with navigation.

Working with Multiple Selections

* Updating Many-to-Many via Multi-select ListBox
Using a multi-select ListBox to update multiple tables in a many-to-many relationship.

* Updating Many-to-Many via CheckBox List
Using a CheckBox List to update multiple tables in a many-to-many relationship.

* Updating Many-to-Many via Two ListBoxes
Using two multi-select ListBoxes to update multiple tables in a many-to-many relationship.

* Search Form with Multi-select ListBox
Search form with a multi-select ListBox.

Data Input Techniques

* Pop-up List & Smart Lookup
Pop-up grid/list for selecting values and Smart Lookup for quick data entry.

* Multi-Step User Registration
Multi-step user registration form.

* Data Entry page with Input Mask
Data Entry page with Input Mask.

Other

* Using a Multi-Column Primary Key
An implementation of a multi-column primary key.

* Export To Excel
This example shows how to implement export to Microsoft® Excel®.

Additional Examples - CCS Example Pack 2
The examples below make up CCS Example Pack 2, available only to CodeCharge Studio users in CodeCharge Studio User Area.
Dependent Listboxes

* Two Dependent Listboxes
An implementation of dependent drop-down menus (dependent listboxes).

* Three Dependent Listboxes
An implementation of multiple dependent drop-down menus (three dependent listboxes).

Uploading Files

* Multiple File Uploads
Uploading multiple file attachments.

Reports

* Employee Report
Employee report with "Hide/Show Component" action used in printable mode.

* Products By Category Report
A report example.

* Order Detail Report
Simple Order Detail report.

* Simple Report
Simple Employees by Department report.

* Timesheet Report
An advanced example of a timesheet report implementation.

Calendar

* Calendar with Date Selection
Simple Web calendar with date selection.

Dynamic Menus

* Horizontal JavaScript Menu
An implementation of dynamic (database-driven) horizontal Tigra menu (JavaScript).

* Vertical JavaScript Menu
An implementation of dynamic (database-driven) vertical Tigra menu (JavaScript).

* Horizontal CSS Menu
Horizontal dynamic multi-level menu based on cascading style sheets (CSS)

* Vertical CSS Menu
Vertical dynamic multi-level menu based on cascading style sheets (CSS)

* Directory Menu
Using the Directory component to create two-level dynamic menu

Caching

* Caching
A demonstration of page caching features.

Panel

* Hide/Show Grid Columns
Using panels to hide grid columns.

Other

* Retrieving fields values from the server on the fly
Retrieving field values from a database without refreshing the page.

* Horizontal Grid
An implementation of horizontal grid.

* Horizontal Grid with Multiple Columns
An implementation of horizontal grid with multiple columns.

This year is my 10th Anniversary as a VPASP consultant. Suggestions made to Howard Kadetz which were adopted as part of the core VPASP system include the VeriSign Gateway which I actually debugged and validated, the Snitz Forums Application which you are using right now, and ChiliSoft ASP for MySQL and Linux. I have been developing both ASP, ASP.NET and SQL Server Applications for the same timeframe and my clients have included: United HealthCare, Bank of America, Sirius Satellite Radio, Sovereign Bank, Boston University Medical School, EMC Corp., TJMaxx Stores and several other Fortune 100 or Fortune 500 Companies.
Go to Top of Page

SQLDude
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - September 22 2009 :  15:30:14  Show Profile  Visit SQLDude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Take a look at this Issue Tracker and Project Management System which is FREE for 5 users or less:

http://studios.thoughtworks.com/mingle-agile-project-management?referrer=70150000000HwqP&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=agile_content&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=Project%2520management%2520tools&Network=Content&utm_content=2636669648&SiteTarget=mail.google.com&_kk=project%2520management%2520tools&_kt=525a860b-a929-4bb1-b064-21ec897f5165&gclid=CMfe3Yv2hZ0CFc5L5QodxmlobA

I am also installing an ASP 2.0 Issue and Bug Tracker on my server which
will be ready to demo very soon. It can be installed on your server as an ASP 2.0 application using SQL Server or Access as well I think. Quick and easy and very simple to run. This is for people who do not want their issues and bugs to go to an outside service bureau.

I will let you know how the Agile Project Management System above works out as soon as I try it out.

http://www.designerstyles.biz now has the final version of the Fly-Into-Cart
code installed and almost 100% perfected. Even Mikey liked it. Cam loved it
and everyone I show it to thinks that adding AJAX to ASP makes it look and work like an ASP.NET cart in fact.

Click on Products then Add-to-Cart and watch the entire Product Image and the even the short Product Title or Description appear to "fly into the sidebar mini-cart" without a page refresh and without a burp. This works on an additive basis just like the original code does. Slick, quick and a real attention getter. Contact me for installation and other details. We are thinking of combining both "Fly Image Into Mini-Cart on Button Click" and "Drag and Drop Image into Mini-Cart and the main session cart" as a single deliverable when the Drag and Drop Image version is done for an introductory offer of only US $69.00. Right now you can get "Fly Image into Cart" source code (including the Ajax javascript and ASP 3.0 mods to maybe 3-4 VPASP programs) for only US $39.00 Act now before we run out of licenses. Just kidding. Installation could be done on your server for one billable hour as long as you have not already modified the ASP 3.0 code behind the scenes for the 3-4 modules affected. It only works with VPASP 6.50 right now for existing customers who have already licensed that from VPASP.

This year is my 10th Anniversary as a VPASP consultant. Suggestions made to Howard Kadetz which were adopted as part of the core VPASP system include the VeriSign Gateway which I actually debugged and validated, the Snitz Forums Application which you are using right now, and ChiliSoft ASP for MySQL and Linux. I have been developing both ASP, ASP.NET and SQL Server Applications for the same timeframe and my clients have included: United HealthCare, Bank of America, Sirius Satellite Radio, Sovereign Bank, Boston University Medical School, EMC Corp., TJMaxx Stores and several other Fortune 100 or Fortune 500 Companies.
Go to Top of Page

savvymedias
VP-CART New User

191 Posts

Posted - September 26 2009 :  01:13:43  Show Profile  Visit savvymedias's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Check out http://www.quadracor.com/store/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=9&cat=02+Quadra+CRM+Suite - it is on my bookmarks, so it must have been decent. lol
Go to Top of Page

webshaun
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - October 24 2009 :  23:50:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally, I use SmarterTrack for my customer support portal. It works just fine with VPASP and is able to integrate things like "chat now" and live tracking. of course the main system is the ticket system.

One agent is free for the full version, if you have more than 1 agent, that's when it costs.
Go to Top of Page

dreamcatchers
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - April 01 2010 :  16:12:29  Show Profile  Visit dreamcatchers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SQLDude

There is a product called Code Charge Studio for $139 which not only has a complete system called the Task Manager for Bug Tracking, Support Issues and Tasks but perhaps a dozen more off-the-shelf mini-apps including a Knowledge Base system as well. We used it at United HealthCare to track Project Tasks, Bug Fixes and End User (Customer) Issues as well. It is well worth the $139 just for these off-the-shelf demo apps created using Code Charge Studio code generator. You can also generate your own mini-apps and code components as well using this tool if you are an ASP developer.

Their site is: http://www.CodeChargeStudio.com

Here is their spiel on their products:

CodeCharge Studio Demos and Examples

Rapid Web development tools are becoming increasingly important for a growing number of developers these days. CodeCharge Studio is being used in many innovative ways to create sophisticated Web applications. Take a look below at the professional-strength examples (many included with purchase) built using CodeCharge Studio. You won't believe how quickly you can start building better Web applications!
Complete Applications

* YesSoftware Website
Our own extensive, fully-functional Website was developed using CodeCharge Studio. It includes powerful product management and affiliate management features and a secure online store. It runs on Linux with Apache, MySQL and PHP.

* CodeCharge Forums
This powerful online discussion system has the advanced features found only in the leading community applications, such as integration with NNTP newsgroup server, advanced search, email notifications, spam filtering, and many more. It runs securely and efficiently on Linux with Apache, MySQL and PHP.

* CodeCharge Support System
The CodeCharge support site includes news/updates and documents depository and an online trouble ticket management system. It runs on Windows NT with ASP and MS Access.

* CodeCharge Knowledge Base
A user-friendly, searchable database-driven knowledge management solution that provides a centralized repository for company knowledge. Runs smoothly on Windows NT with ASP and MS Access.

Note: the Knowledge Base application is available as an example, free of charge to all registered users.

Basic Applications and Examples

* Online Bookstore
This simple store can be used as a framework to create an expanded e-commerce system.

* Forum
A basic but functional online discussion board, ready for online use.

* Task Manager
The Task Manager is a functional task, issue and bug tracking application for small companies and organizations to help maximize time.

* Community Portal
A simple and fully functional online Web Portal. This portal is a great starter system for small organizations, clubs, user groups, and schools.

* Employee Directory
Extend and adapt the Employee Directory application to fit any organization. Make employee information accessible and improve communication and productivity.

* User Registration Form
A user registration form with validation of required fields. Ready for use on your Website.

AJAX Examples created with CodeCharge Studio 4.0

* Two Dependent Listboxes & Autofill
An implementation of 2 dependent drop-down menus (dependent listboxes) using Ajax.
Product information is automatically prefilled based on listbox selection.

* Three Dependent Listboxes & Autofill
An implementation of 3 dependent drop-down menus (dependent listboxes) using Ajax.
Company information is automatically prefilled based on listbox selection.
* Autocomplete and Autofill
Matching names are displayed automatically when typing a name.
Employee information is retrieved automatically after selecting an employee.

* Database Interaction and Tabbed View
Information is retrieved from a database and updated without page refresh. Two tabs are available for viewing and editing information.

* Modal Window (pop-up)
Changing user password is performed in a modal window. The new password is verified and updated without page refresh.

Examples of Using CodeCharge Studio Features
The examples below make up CCS Example Pack, included in CodeCharge Studio
Index/Directory Usage

* Directory & Path Implementation
Implementation of CodeCharge Studio's directory and path components.

* Directory Maintenance System
Hierarchical category maintenance system for use with the directory.

Editable Grid Usage

* Record Maintenance with Navigation
Editable Grid used for record maintenance, with navigation.

* Editable Grid with 'Add Row' Button
Editable Grid with new rows added using an "Add Row" button.

* Editable Grid with Auto New Rows
Editable Grid with new rows added automatically.

Creating Master/Detail Forms

* Simple Master-Detail for Employees/Projects
Master-detail page for maintaining employees/projects.

* Master-Detail Form for Order Entry
An order entry page example implemented as master-detail.

Data Presentation Techniques

* Grid with Navigable Detail View
Using a Grid to implement a record detail view with navigation.

Working with Multiple Selections

* Updating Many-to-Many via Multi-select ListBox
Using a multi-select ListBox to update multiple tables in a many-to-many relationship.

* Updating Many-to-Many via CheckBox List
Using a CheckBox List to update multiple tables in a many-to-many relationship.

* Updating Many-to-Many via Two ListBoxes
Using two multi-select ListBoxes to update multiple tables in a many-to-many relationship.

* Search Form with Multi-select ListBox
Search form with a multi-select ListBox.

Data Input Techniques

* Pop-up List & Smart Lookup
Pop-up grid/list for selecting values and Smart Lookup for quick data entry.

* Multi-Step User Registration
Multi-step user registration form.

* Data Entry page with Input Mask
Data Entry page with Input Mask.

Other

* Using a Multi-Column Primary Key
An implementation of a multi-column primary key.

* Export To Excel
This example shows how to implement export to Microsoft® Excel®.

Additional Examples - CCS Example Pack 2
The examples below make up CCS Example Pack 2, available only to CodeCharge Studio users in CodeCharge Studio User Area.
Dependent Listboxes

* Two Dependent Listboxes
An implementation of dependent drop-down menus (dependent listboxes).

* Three Dependent Listboxes
An implementation of multiple dependent drop-down menus (three dependent listboxes).

Uploading Files

* Multiple File Uploads
Uploading multiple file attachments.

Reports

* Employee Report
Employee report with "Hide/Show Component" action used in printable mode.

* Products By Category Report
A report example.

* Order Detail Report
Simple Order Detail report.

* Simple Report
Simple Employees by Department report.

* Timesheet Report
An advanced example of a timesheet report implementation.

Calendar

* Calendar with Date Selection
Simple Web calendar with date selection.

Dynamic Menus

* Horizontal JavaScript Menu
An implementation of dynamic (database-driven) horizontal Tigra menu (JavaScript).

* Vertical JavaScript Menu
An implementation of dynamic (database-driven) vertical Tigra menu (JavaScript).

* Horizontal CSS Menu
Horizontal dynamic multi-level menu based on cascading style sheets (CSS)

* Vertical CSS Menu
Vertical dynamic multi-level menu based on cascading style sheets (CSS)

* Directory Menu
Using the Directory component to create two-level dynamic menu

Caching

* Caching
A demonstration of page caching features.

Panel

* Hide/Show Grid Columns
Using panels to hide grid columns.

Other

* Retrieving fields values from the server on the fly
Retrieving field values from a database without refreshing the page.

* Horizontal Grid
An implementation of horizontal grid.

* Horizontal Grid with Multiple Columns
An implementation of horizontal grid with multiple columns.

I use Code Charge Studio in combination with VPASP. It is a great way to add your own custom routines and not "mess" with the basic VPASP code. This is handy when either product releases a new version and you don't want to reengineer customized code.

Ramon Smitherman
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00