Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Tax exempt on checkout
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bwalz
VP-CART New User

USA
82 Posts

Posted - March 05 2009 :  17:07:44  Show Profile  Visit bwalz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I want to have a customer to be able to enter a tax exemption number in the customer form on checkout and receive the tax exemption on the order they are making. I know there is a tax exemption in the customer table that gives customers a tax exemption when they order but I need it for customers that don't yet exists in the customers table.

Can this be achieved with the tax exemption feature in already in the cart

k-otic
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - March 05 2009 :  19:56:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VPASP has a VAT number exemption feature that can be set through the admin - xvatnumber - which works for European based tax exemptions.

If you are in the US, you might be able to modify this feature to suit but I don't think it will work by default.

Go to Top of Page

bwalz
VP-CART New User

USA
82 Posts

Posted - March 06 2009 :  09:38:02  Show Profile  Visit bwalz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your reply. I actually figured something out that will work for me.
Go to Top of Page

lmppph
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - July 20 2009 :  10:57:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey bwalz -

I am having the same issue - I need a tax exempt option on checkout for US customers in my state, what did you end up doing to solve your issue? Just curious...

Thanks!

Lauren
Go to Top of Page

bwalz
VP-CART New User

USA
82 Posts

Posted - July 20 2009 :  11:41:07  Show Profile  Visit bwalz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In the admin make these settings.

xcustomerothercaptions= Kansas Tax Exempt No.
xcustomerotherfields = taxexempt
xcustomerotherfieldsinorder = Yes

Add the field taxexempt to the and orders tables it already exsits in the customers table

In shoptax.asp make the following change

NOTE: this is for version 6.09

line 23

'if lcase(custrs("taxexempt")) = "yes" OR lcase(custrs("taxexempt")) = "true" then
if len(trim(custrs("taxexempt"))) > 0 then

This was done in version 6.09. Version 6.5 is different in shoptax.asp. The above code is found on line 341. I have not tried it in version 6.5 so I don't know if it will work but I also don't see why it wouldn't
I am not doing any validation on the taxexempt field.
Go to Top of Page

Joakim
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - February 23 2015 :  08:52:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
on customer checkout we need a US tax exemption
do you by any chance know if above method will work in vpasp 7.01.43 ?
or do you have any other solution let me know
thx
/J
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00