Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Info about Paypal and Vpasp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

willy99
VP-CART New User

Italy
108 Posts

Posted - March 01 2009 :  09:35:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I have a couple of questions about Paypal and VPASP:

I'm not able to decide if is better to use Paypal with IPN or Paypal Standard:

I'd like to know what I need in order to use "Paypal with IPN", I know I need to have a paypal business, but in my webserver we need to have some particular configuration ? (ssl, ... )

I heard that there are some problem with Paypal Standard and the "go back page" in VPASP.
This problem is now solved ? I need to modify the vpasp code? if yes what I need to do ?

Thank in advance.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 01 2009 :  19:13:55  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Willy

I would definitely recommend PayPal IPN It is much more secure. While still not perfect it is a much better option.

As with PayPal standard you do not need to have your own SSL as all processing is handled on the PayPal site.

You just need to download the IPN module from our gateway download center and install on your site.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

willy99
VP-CART New User

Italy
108 Posts

Posted - March 02 2009 :  09:15:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
thank you for your fast answer

Some months ago I heard about a "No return from PayPal" (I read a post in this forum about this issue).

This problem is now solved ?

Thanks in advance for your great support.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 03 2009 :  18:00:09  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In version 650 there is a link which allows you to fijnalize an order where the customer has not returned to the site.

This will send the email and handle all processes normally completed at shopthanks.asp.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

willy99
VP-CART New User

Italy
108 Posts

Posted - March 08 2009 :  06:34:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by support

In version 650 there is a link which allows you to fijnalize an order where the customer has not returned to the site.

This will send the email and handle all processes normally completed at shopthanks.asp.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support

Thank you Cam, could you tell me which is the link and where is ?

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00