Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 CSS for tmp_product
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cwalters
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - February 12 2009 :  23:15:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know in which stuyklesheet and where in the sheet the styles that control tmp_product are located? I'm thinking they are in shop.css but I having a hard time finding them.

Thanks in advance.

grahamcrackerscomics.com
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - February 13 2009 :  07:41:20  Show Profile  Visit grahamcrackerscomics.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They're in styles.css but I'm having problems with them as well.
Can't get rid of a tiny border around my larger images...

--John Robinson
www.grahamcrackerscomics.com
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - February 13 2009 :  08:49:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of the formatting of the display of products can be found in the file shop$colors.asp eg.

Const ProdTable="<table border=""0"" cellpadding=""4"" cellspacing=""1"" width=""100%"" align=""center"" class=""vt"">"

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

grahamcrackerscomics.com
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - February 13 2009 :  10:02:43  Show Profile  Visit grahamcrackerscomics.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Carol -
I thought the settings in shop$colors.asp affected how your regular search results display, forms,reports,categories, etc. but not the tmp_product extended page display.
I'm still working off version 5.5, so maybe some things have changed...

--John Robinson
www.grahamcrackerscomics.com
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - February 13 2009 :  10:33:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure in v6.50 the template that is used in tmp_product.htm is formatted in shop$colors.asp using

const Templatetable="<table cellspacing=""1"" cellpadding=""2"" border=""0"">"

Regards,

Carrol
Go to Top of Page

cwalters
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - February 13 2009 :  10:47:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think changing the settings in shop$colors will help with what I'm trying to do. I want to use the tmp_product template for extended descriptions. I have some tables that I need to display but the styles in shop.css override the settings for my table and when I try to add styles in my extended description to correct this they seem to over take the entire template and the entire screen is formatted incorrectly. All I really want to do is have a table in extended description and have a collapsed 1px solid border around the cells in the table without the rest of the template being effected.
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - February 13 2009 :  11:07:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are using v6.50 make sure the first lines of code for your template are like this:

[ADD_PAGEHEADER]
<table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="100%" id="AutoNumber1">

This will create your 'outer' table style and css styling should not override this. Are you trying to alter the table using Dreamweaver or Frontpage? because what you see on your screen within these programmes is not necessarily what will appear on your shopexd.asp page.

Regards,

Carrol
Go to Top of Page

cwalters
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - February 13 2009 :  11:55:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Carrol. I ended up finding this works if placed immediately befor the table in question is written:

<table border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" layout="auto" id="AutoNumber1">

I appreciate you taking ther time to look at this and answer!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00