Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 sslshopcheckout - no header!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cristinalopo
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - February 09 2009 :  11:59:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using sslshopcheckout.asp for a secure payment checkout.

in the code, the asp "calls" the header and the footer.

but when the card detail page rollsover to the security page the header disapeards.

and I cant find why. I need help.

thanks

madbug
VP-CART New User

130 Posts

Posted - February 11 2009 :  02:10:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

The sslshopcheckout.asp is not include the header and footer. If you wish to add the header and footer in, you will need to modify the code in sslshopcheckout.asp

Locate the code:

Sub NewShopPageHeader%>
<html>
<head>
<title>Shopping Cart Secure Checkout</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="shop.css" type="text/css">
</head>
<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000" link="#BB0000" vlink="#000099"
alink="#336699">
<center>
<%end sub
Sub NewShopPageTrailer%>
</body>
</html>
<%End Sub

You might need to replace your own shoppage_header.htm code after "Sub NewShopPageHeader" and replace the shoppage_trailer.htm code after the "Sub NewShopPageTrailer"
Go to Top of Page

cristinalopo
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - February 11 2009 :  07:27:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi.

thanks for your reply. but I think I didn’t make myself clear.

the sslshopcheckout.asp page has a header and a footer, and it is working fine in a first stage (when the customer enters the card details.)

when the user hits the “continue” button to submit the card for processing and completes the transaction, a page comes back (still on sslshopcheckout.asp which has the footer but no header).

in this the page (“please use this link if you’re not automatically transferred”, informing about the users IP address) the trailer is present, but the header just disappeared.

a few seconds after, it reverts back to a page that has both the header and footer and is displayed correctly, informing that the order has been processed.

how do we get the processing sslshopcheckout.asp to display the header and footer correctly?

cristina
Go to Top of Page

THeVerve
VP-CART New User

117 Posts

Posted - February 11 2009 :  07:34:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SSLshopcheckout is supposed to be used with shared SSL certificate only. The idea is that you will be transferred to another server when using a shared SSL certificate and won't have access to your normal database and VP-ASP files thus no header/footer will be displayed.

You will need to hardcode your header file to SSLshopcheckout.asp and remove all the database call from the header if you want your SSLshopcheckout.asp to have a similar display as your shopping cart pages.

If you are using a DEDICATED certificate (which most people do these days), there is no extra benefit at all from using SSLshopcheckout. You can simply use the default shopcheckout.asp for this and still be able to display the header/footer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00