Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Default Language - NOT the Switcher!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

InarWeb
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - February 04 2009 :  11:34:07  Show Profile  Visit InarWeb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Im setting up a shop for many domains.(languages) with the same database.
I have setup all the languages and it all works fine in MySQL.

But how do I set the default language of each domain when the site loads (not the switcher) but the language loaded in default.asp

Best regards,

A happy Shop owner :)

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 04 2009 :  16:30:07  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

This will require a bit of custom coding to achieve.

VPASP will load the default language as set in the database when your customers reach any of your sites.

To change the default language based on the domain that is loaded you will depend on how you have your sites configured.

If all domains are set up with separate installations of VPASP for each domain, you can modify the default.asp file so that it redirects through shoplanguageset.asp.

If all domains point to a single installation of VPASP, you will need to add code using the Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME") function of ASP. You can use this to check which domain the customer has loaded and then perform a similar redirection through shoplanguageset.asp

If you can let us know how your domains are configured we can possibly provide some further guidance for this.

Regards
Michael
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page

InarWeb
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - February 04 2009 :  16:56:36  Show Profile  Visit InarWeb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use domain for each language ... danish domain.dk an so on with a copy of the vpasp files for every domain. What I need is som kinde of set language depending of the domain, but the user can still select a new language after the "set language" function.... do you understand :|
Go to Top of Page

InarWeb
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - February 04 2009 :  16:57:43  Show Profile  Visit InarWeb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
P.S. - no redirect...Google ;)
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 04 2009 :  17:49:25  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To enable this, you will need to copy some of the code in shoplanguageset.asp into default.asp for each of the sites you have.

The function "loadlanguagevariablesSession newlang" sets up all of the language variables for whichever language is passed to it. You will need to copy this function and all related code into default.asp so that you can load the correct language based on the domain name.

We do offer development services and could provide a quote for this if you would like to submit a request through our helpdesk at http://helpdesk.vpasp.com

Regards
Michael
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00