Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Anyone done this?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kjs50
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - February 04 2003 :  11:33:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello

I am a prospective customer and one thing that I would like different about the cart is the fact that after entering your billing and shipping information, you go to a cart review page. And then you go to the credit card page after that.

Has anyone been able to combine this with custom code and is it availabe somewhere?

And if you haven't, has anyone done a usability study to see if that has been a problem. My thinking is that some customers might get confused that they are finished ordering.

Thanks.

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - February 04 2003 :  12:43:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The present system is logical in my books. I put a steps guide at the top of order process. Remove any confusion.

Personally, the checkout button, rename it if confusing, says it all. Checkout and pay for it. Same as getting in the checkout line at Walmart. You are done shopping.

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 04 2003 :  15:38:19  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The review page is there because it is the only time the customer sees the total price including taxes, shipping, handling, discounts etc.

It is possible to bypass this page by set xbypasscreateorder=Yes and the person goes directly to the payment page but we recommend that only when nothing is added/subtracted from the product cost so the customer does not get a suprise on what they are really paying.

Howard Kadetz
VP-ASP

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00