Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Server 2008 64-bit II7 support?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrprufrock
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - January 08 2009 :  12:19:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was curious to know whether VP-ASP (all versions) would run on Windows Server 2008 64-bit IIS7? What about the earlier versions like 4.x? It seems like Server 2008 64-bit is supposed to be faster, more secure and easier to manage IIS on.

mrprufrock
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - January 28 2009 :  17:10:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised no one has responded. Surely someone has tried VP-ASP on Server 2008?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 29 2009 :  00:22:26  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

We are still looking into this for version 700.

Once we have it working we will look at backwards compatibility.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

bryweb
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - January 30 2009 :  01:35:29  Show Profile  Visit bryweb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by support

Hi there,

We are still looking into this for version 700.

Once we have it working we will look at backwards compatibility.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support

Do you need someone to test on, I been trying to get 6.5 working, I thought I had it running ok with ODBC connection instead of MySQL - but I am getting alot of connection errors,

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'
[MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver][mysqld-5.0.67-community-nt]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where catalogid=36' at line 1
/shop/shopmysqlsubs.asp, line 1249

if I try MySQL I get;

ADODB.Connection error '800a0e78'

Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.

/shop/shop$db.asp, line 1428

I am willing to give VPASP remote desktop access to get my Server 2008 64 bit IIS 7 system to work with VPASP.

Thanks,

Bryan

Bryan Webster
Graphix Web Design
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 31 2009 :  04:55:41  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Bryan

That is great,

If you can post a ticket in the helpdesk our tech guys can work with you directly.

https://helpdesk.vpasp.com

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

bryweb
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - February 02 2009 :  14:31:53  Show Profile  Visit bryweb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For those trying to get v6.5 to work with Server 2008, it appears mine is working and the errors I am getting are not related to v6.5 but not setting stock limits correctly, etc.

So it appears if you download the MySQL Server 2008 ODBC connector (forgot where I got it from), install it, and use the connector to connect to your MySQL database you can in fact run VPASP v6.5 on a Server 2008 64 bit machine (I am running IIS 7 in compatibility mode)..... I will update here if we have any other problems as we take the website live soon.

Thanks,

Bryan
email at graphixwebdesign dot com

Bryan Webster
Graphix Web Design
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)