Posted - January 07 2009 : 16:46:27
I will be ready soon to publish my website on the internet. I really start to like the VPASP software. But the next problem is showing up : what is a good webhoster for my website as I have no experience at all in this matter.
First off course there is VPASP itself, but my webshop is mostly adressing to customers in the Benelux and I wonder if it wouldn't be better to prefer a local webhost for speed acces to the database (the VPASP server is located in the USA)?
Are there any european users on the forum which can express there findings on some other, european webhosters and share the webhosting plans they are using. What are the minimum requirements anyway I should look for that another webhoster should fulfill?
- Windows server with ASP or ASP.NET
- MySQL or Access as database
- Email component like JMAIL or CDOSYS
- XMLHTTP if using VISA and PAYPAL?
- what is the minimum bandwith needed?
- what is the minimum disk space needed?
- SSL server for secure pages?
Am I forgetting something?
Thanks for any advice
Trial and error