Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Quantity discounts table
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

riprod
VP-CART New User

USA
85 Posts

Posted - December 24 2008 :  10:48:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use quantity discounts and multiple currencies.
I need to display a table of the discounts like :
1 - 5 | 5 - 20 | 21 - 100
$20 | $18 | $16

I can do it in the description but then when the currency conversion changes or the vendors prices change, I need to change all the descriptions.

Is there a way to automatically display this. Or is there a way to use {Tokens} in the description, so I can drop in the prices and discounts.

Thanks

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - December 27 2008 :  03:15:43  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You might find this addon useful:

BYZ021 - Quantity Discount Displays for VP-ASP:
http://www.bigyellowkey.com/mysoftware_product_details.asp?prdid=204&opu=n

demo/example display:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/vpasp60access/shopexd.asp?id=24&template=tmp_product_qtydiscount_demo.htm

That's driven from the standard vpasp quantity discount data, and it should also work for multi-ccy too.

The demo shows all 6 types of format that you can use; the one that matches your preferred format is the 4th one. You'd add the relevant template field(s) to your template file (eg tmp_product.htm), and if the product doesn't have any qty discounts it simply won't display the table for that product.

Each format is a template field, so you can call whichever ones you want, and you can also tweak the formatting html (labels etc) with the config files (the logic which does the calculation is split out from the logic which formats things, so it's easy to change the formatting without having to delve into how it's all calculated etc)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on December 27 2008 03:30:29
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000