VP-ASP :: Shopping Cart Software

Shopping Cart Software Solutions for anywhere in the World

US/Canada(Toll Free): +1 888 587 2278
Europe/UK: +44 (020) 7193 9408
Australia/New Zealand: +61 3 9016 4497

VP-ASP Shopping Cart Customer Forum

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Error switching from Access to MSSQL
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

printerwerx
Starting Member

Canada
41 Posts

Posted - December 18 2008 :  11:16:19  Show Profile  Visit printerwerx's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

We have export our database MSACCESS to MSSQL server. Evrything is working fine but some pages make problem and not showing content, below are these pages

1- default.asp (after login this is not showing this page content)
2- Need to Know (link at left navigation)

i have checked code and i think problem with given below code

in shopcontent.asp Line Number 82 and 84 and same given below code lines in default.asp line number 78 and 80

message=translatelanguage(contentdbc, "content", "message","contentid", contentid, crs("message"))
'message2=crs("message2")
message2=translatelanguage(contentdbc, "content", "message2","contentid", contentid, crs("message2"))


There is also problem in shopdisplayproducts.asp at line 196, problem is if we change connection to MSSQL there is error many connection open

InventoryProductYesNo dbc, objrs, lngcatalogid, inventorycheck, Inventorypricedisplay, Inventoryquantitydisplay, inventoryoutofstock

please help us why these problems are with MSSQL connection but everything fine with msAccess.

if you need anything else let me know i will provide you ASAP.
Thanks in advance for your help.

devshb
Senior Member

United Kingdom
1898 Posts

Posted - December 18 2008 :  13:08:37  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if you have any of our addons, then make sure that you edit the byz_system_config.asp file and set the database type in it to "SQLSERVER" instead of "ACCESS".

Other than that it's possible you're being effected by the sqlserver 8k bug, or the sqlserver text/ntext bug (products/contents/categories tables are usually the ones which are most susceptible to those bugs), but to correct/check those aspects is quite involved (too dangerous to fix via forum postings, because the fix will be dependent on your current data content/structure etc) - all text/ntext columns need to be last in the column list of a given table, and the total fixed-sizes of the tables need to be below 8k (it's a complex calculation; we've got a check-script for it in our library, but there's no automatic fix as analysis would need to be done on the data to work out the relevant fixes)

It might not be any of those things, but I think that's what I'd look at first because those things should be done regardless even if you don't see a visible error.

In fact, the 8k/text bugs are also relevant to people who are already on sqlserver and who then run a vpasp upgrade, because some of the upgrade scripts could end up leaving you in a situation where those bugs could start taking effect (they're only relevant to people on sqlserver though; those 8k/text bugs aren't a problem in access or mysql).

They're not vpasp bugs (vpasp itself deals with these bugs in the way that it processes templates etc), so vpasp itself is actually fine, it's a generic sqlserver problem.

We'll be releasing our "check-8k-size" script as a generic addon soon; it's very handy, especially if you're thinking of lengthening columns (in the meantime we just run it manually on relevant sites for clients who are worried about the bug or having problems with it)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on December 18 2008 13:17:04
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000