Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Existing website look / custom layout
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cnoble
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - November 19 2008 :  19:07:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking round for a shopping cart system and this one seems just perfect for my needs, however I am a little concerned about the 'look and feel' - I will require much more customization than I've seen in any templates/design docs. IE for one thing I will need a vertical menu and horizontal category display - are things like this possible? I see that the shopping cart can be integrated into an existing website, but this would get unmanageable for my client to add new products etc, to integrate them in I believe?

I'm updating the site http://www.tulsi-incense.com to include a shopping cart system basically. and I would like to keep it looking exactly the same (as close as possible) and integrate vpasp into it, will this be doable?

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 19 2008 :  19:54:31  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

When you integrate VPASP into your existing site you will still retain the ability to dynamically update your products and categories.

VPASP has 2 main templates, the header and the footer files. By updating these to take on your existing design the entire VPASP package will inherit your existing look and feel.

You can then start updating further into the templates for the individual product and category displays if you want to make further changes.

As VPASP is open source you can make whatever changes you like to the source code so if you want to have a horizontal category display you can update the categories source page to alter how it works.

The more advanced changes you make will mean you will need to have ASP experience or you can hire a developer. There are a large number of developers who frequent this forum so you can post here or ask us for details of a local developer. We also offer development services as well.

Basically by changing the templates you can almost seamlessly integrate VPASP into an existing site without needing to touch the ASP code. To advance the functionality you have full access to the source code if you really want to get your hands dirty.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00