Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Customer visits stats
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - November 18 2008 :  06:46:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I use VP-ASP 6.5 with an Access database for our site and was wondering if there is any way that we can see how many times our customers are visiting the site? Most customers opt for the automatic login feature so there is no way of knowing when their last visit to the site was (the customer record only saves the last login date, not return visit)

I've read that saving site sessions is not recommended for an access database, so are there any other solutions out there?

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - November 21 2008 :  10:58:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to try Google Analytics. It probably does a million more things than we actually need but I've been asked to track visits so will give it a try.

Regards,

Carrol
Go to Top of Page

chrisredco
VP-CART Super User

282 Posts

Posted - November 26 2008 :  08:59:59  Show Profile  Visit chrisredco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was wondering where to insert the Analytics code they supply. I'm assuming as it states on every page I want to track, but I'm not very familiar with the #include programming so any help as to how to actually insert the code and where would be helpful.
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - November 26 2008 :  10:22:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

If you are using VP-ASP v6.5 open shoppagetrailer.htm in a text or html editor and check that the <%inserturchinstats%> code appears just before the </body> tag right at the end of the file.

Also check shopproductsubs.asp find sub inserturchinstats (about line 1900). Make sure that you have the new version of the analytics code, just check it against the Google code. Go to your admin panel, Cart Setup and search for urchin. Add your Google Acc No and set xurchinstats to Yes.

Google should now be able to start collecting data, but can take up to 24 hours for you to see any results.

Hope this helps,

Carrol
Go to Top of Page

TheParson
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - March 09 2010 :  15:47:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carrol, once again thank you for your helpful information. This 6.5 info is also applicable in 7.0 and I *think* I just successfully set up google analytics on my own instead of paying my programmer to do this for me.

Excellent!
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - March 10 2010 :  04:01:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're welcome :)

You'll be amazed when you start seeing the statistics for your site. I remember I certainly was (still am sometimes lol)

Regards,

Carrol
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00