General help me questions
 Large number of features
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

faolie
VP-ASP New User

89 Posts

Posted - November 08 2008 :  04:05:01  Show Profile  Visit faolie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, anyone with an idea of how to approach this? I have a product, a kilt actually, that has a large number of tartans (580), which need to be selected from a dropdown on the product page. It also needs to display a swatch of the tartan when selected by the dropdown.

I can get all this to work for a few using the selectlist feature but not for 580 features (limited by 255 char max in the field). So then I thought about using product inventory and tweaking that process to display the tartan when it's selected from the dropdown. However, the dropdown <option value..>, which I use for the image path, is already used on the inventory dropdown (it's not used on the selectlist dropdown) for the sub-product id. I could tweak around with this, but before I do I thought that I'd just ask on the forum to see if anyone had a much better idea on how to implement this.

Thanks in advance!

David Heriot

faolie
VP-ASP New User

89 Posts

Posted - November 10 2008 :  06:04:20  Show Profile  Visit faolie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got it. Just added an id in the option field, as, <option id="path to image" ..>.

Memo to self - brush up on basic javascript.

DH
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000