Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Flag on home page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nettrader
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - October 24 2008 :  07:46:50  Show Profile  Visit nettrader's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am in Australia and have set the currency to AU$. No other currencies are viewable and in the admin section the Australian flag is set as the default image.

However, the US flag has been showing instead and now all flags have disappeared all together!

I am ready to make a purchase but it appeears there are a lot of bugs in this software and I dont want to spend my time and money on something that is going to constantly give me trouble.

Are these bugs only in the free vesion or are all paid for versions the same?

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - October 24 2008 :  08:11:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been using this software for 18 months now and I have yet to find an actual bug (yes there have been a couple of others who have genuinely found bugs but they've been fixed quickly by the support guys) Most of the types of problems you are experiencing are generally due to overlooking certain settings in the Admin Cart Setup and of course the scope of the cart is limited in the free version. I would highly recommend this cart to anyone interested because it is so straightforward to set up a basic cart, it's open source code (easy to customise) and the support for the cart through the Helpdesk and these forums is fantastic.

As for your currency/flags problem, perhaps you could check that in your currencyvalues table in the database the Australian Dollars conversion rate is set to 1. If there is another currency with the value 1, change it.

Hope this helps,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - October 24 2008 :  08:17:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's some more info in this thread on currency selection

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4549

Carrol