Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 customization help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

paddy
Starting Member

Ireland
18 Posts

Posted - October 20 2008 :  10:00:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello there,

I have been assigned the Job of looking after our VPASP website. There are certain changes I need to make.

Basically I need to change certain areas of the template (product image sizes etc..) Is this something I can do in dreamweaver? Is there a template or certain file I can edit for the different sections of my site? E.g Category Page, Product Page? Are these pages in .htm or .asp files? Or are the templates css files? what are these editable files named?

I appreciate most of you guys are pretty tech and this is probably a simple question, but at the moment im a bit stuck so help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Paddy

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - October 20 2008 :  11:35:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

it would probably be best for you to have a read through the manual for your version which you can download from this site, just click the link at the top of this page that says User Manual & Online Guides. The manual gives good info on which parts of the cart are controlled by css or templates and which files you need to modify for categories or products. If you have any questions then we will be more than happy to help if we can.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

technohead
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - October 22 2008 :  11:02:05  Show Profile  Visit technohead's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have read through the manual, im still a little unclear. When I open my tmp_ files theres nothing to them. It doesnt help that I didn't build the site myself and I don't no where the designers put eveything! All I need to do is change the fonts and appaerance of these catagory pages:
http://www.steel-city.co.uk/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=13&cat=Umbrellas
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - October 22 2008 :  11:32:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For your shopdisplayproducts.asp page you need to open the file tmp_productformat.htm in a text or html editor (Frontpage etc.) You should see html code like <td> (table divisions) and <tr> (table rows) and also some pieces of code like [ccode] (your product code from the database)

You can alter the size and colours of the text and add or remove fields displayed from the database in this template. If there is something specific that you would like to do with the template file let us know and we will help as much as we can.

Regards,

Carrol
Go to Top of Page

paddy
Starting Member

Ireland
18 Posts

Posted - October 23 2008 :  10:27:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice one carfin, ive nearly got it how I want it. Ive created a 'more info' button. So want it to link to the correct product. Do you know what code I need to implement and where to put it in this page to do this?

Also I want the margin between the products to be smaller, how can I do this?

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - October 23 2008 :  12:10:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If your more info button is an image you'll need to create a hyperlink to the extended product display. eg

<a href="http://www.steel-city.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=[catalogid]">

Check the cell padding and cell spacing of the table in the template (use the html code to do this) and make sure you don't have any carriage returns in there making extra space in the table.

Regards,

Carrol
Go to Top of Page

paddy
Starting Member

Ireland
18 Posts

Posted - October 24 2008 :  10:20:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great, it is looking good now, there is just one more problem. The description text is coming to close to the pricing on the right, I would prefer a larger gap. have tried messing about with it in design view to no success, as the description will always meet the pricing at a close point. Do you know how I can make a little gap of space here so its not to cramped?

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - October 27 2008 :  05:15:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably best to keep the cell padding for the table to ""2"" although this will increase the gap on all sides of the table cells. You could also centre the price and more info button to keep them away from the edges of the cell.

Regards,

Carrol
Go to Top of Page

paddy
Starting Member

Ireland
18 Posts

Posted - November 03 2008 :  09:32:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great, thanks for the help
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic