Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Printing product description on merchant email
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

billcat99
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - January 28 2003 :  04:12:39  Show Profile  Visit billcat99's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We sell products that come it certain sets. For example : Bath sponges are available in 48 pieces 6 of each color. We enter the "48 pieces 6 of each color" as the product description. The final invoice and the merchant email only displays the product title, and not the description. It would be nice if my shippers could see the description of the product not just the name. Does any one know how to do this? I saw the merchantemail.txt file that it uses as a template, I tried adding the ",[cdescription]" next to the items ordered code. It ignored the added code and did not work. Thanks in advance for your help.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 28 2003 :  04:33:29  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any items that are shown in the cart form part of the e-mail. By default VP-ASP does put the full description into the cart. If you have VP-ASP 4.x set.

xcartfields=cname,cdescription

This should have been the default
If this does not resolve your problem and you need help please use our support facility www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

billcat99
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - January 28 2003 :  14:50:00  Show Profile  Visit billcat99's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your response, I use VPASP 3.5 is this option still available?

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 28 2003 :  15:59:23  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Same thing applies but the value is in shop$colors.asp

CartFields=Array("cname","cdescription")

Just a note, these questions are better directed to our support staff and not the forum.

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00