Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Script for hakkatil''s cool more info window??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Phoenix
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - January 27 2003 :  07:28:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know the script that hakkatil uses on his test site for opening the pop up more info window? It's a very cool effect on this page: http://208.17.144.14/testsite/shopcart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=9&cat=New+Toys

Justntyme
Starting Member

USA
31 Posts

Posted - January 27 2003 :  08:41:53  Show Profile  Visit Justntyme's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I don't know how to do it, but I have his code... It is refrenced in the first few lines of code as such, "Zooming link script by Paul Anderson, copyright 2001 CNET Builder.com" If that does not help you, I can give you a copy of his shopdisplayproducts.asp which has been edited.

Mike

Pattern Maniac

Edited by - justntyme on January 27 2003 13:02:21
Go to Top of Page

Phoenix
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - January 27 2003 :  09:58:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your post, I got that script too and I got it to work with the hyperlink code hakkatil has on the page:

<p><font size="1"><a onclick="zoomBox(event,this,540,450,20,20);return false" href="http://208.17.144.14/testsite/shopcart/shopexd.asp?id=3">click
to see more</a></font></p>

I presume since hakkatil designed this site for free add ons for us that he wouldn't mind but what I'm trying to figure out is how to get every "More Info" link in VPASP to open like this? Maybe if I set the hyperlink to:

<a onclick="zoomBox(event,this,540,450,20,20);return false" href="http://www.MySite.com">

I'll try it and see but I'm pretty new to this so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick

Go to Top of Page

Justntyme
Starting Member

USA
31 Posts

Posted - January 27 2003 :  12:57:52  Show Profile  Visit Justntyme's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, good luck to you. I too am very new to this scripting and unfortunatly will be of no other help than providing code at this time. Maybe some day I will be able to actually give advice of how to make things happen... Until that day...

Mike

Pattern Manic

Edited by - justntyme on January 27 2003 13:03:15
Go to Top of Page

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - January 29 2003 :  02:55:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everypage has to have access to the jscript. The core code should be placed in a file that is referred by most all pages. Such as the header file or shop$db.asp. Since these files are included on other pages, the code is available to be used on that page. Now you can place your links.

<a href="../myinfofile.asp" onClick="zoomBox(event,this,540,450,20,20);return false">More Info</a>

Go to Top of Page

Phoenix
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - January 31 2003 :  17:55:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've put the script in the header but how do i get the code (onClick="zoomBox(event,this,540,450,20,20);return false) into the hyperlink?

Go to Top of Page

Superal
VP-CART Expert

Canada
542 Posts

Posted - February 01 2003 :  01:34:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The hyperlink is in my post. Just replace myinfofile with your file.

Go to Top of Page

tiny
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - February 03 2003 :  02:15:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that's a great script, but i am a newbie, i don't know how to do it.
Does anyone can teach me use this script and assign to open the LARGE PHOTO button

and then i want to know how to add a extended picture, i have see the demo, the demo can add the large picture, and then when i go to the products, will appear"see MORE"....

but i don't know how to edit....pls help

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00