Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Thumb image in database
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

johnhardy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - September 05 2008 :  11:31:20  Show Profile  Visit johnhardy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am using shopa_addproduct.asp

I am trying to place a thumb image into Products Table

I have uploaded the image to the directory and can "View" the image on the link that appears, but when I look at the Products Table I cannot see any image

Can any one please say which column (field) the thumb image is placed and what could be the reason I dont see this in the table after inserting and Updating shopa_addproduct.asp
Mant Thanks
John

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - September 08 2008 :  06:18:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi John,

the thumbnail image link will be stored in the field cimageurl in the products table. The actual image file itself (*.gif,jpg)should be stored in images/thumbs folder.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

johnhardy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - September 08 2008 :  07:23:20  Show Profile  Visit johnhardy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Carrol
I have now manage to get an image showing and getting the idea of categories as well!

I get to page shopdisplayproducts.asp whereI can see the thumb image and the name and there is an order button, but I cannot see a link to more details.
Did I do something wrong?
Regards
John
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - September 08 2008 :  11:09:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you go to your admin panel > Cart Setup > Products and find the field xgenerateshopexdlink. Make sure this is set to yes. (this option is not available with the free version of VP-ASP)

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00