Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 BYZ116 Filter Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - August 28 2008 :  20:24:57  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
peter; you probably don't need the above changes (although the new "dynamic sorting" aspect might be a nice thing to add, and the new mini-search-form is a nice option too) - the continue-shopping problem mentioned above is only relevant if you have "xstayonpage" set to yes. your setup's slightly different in that you wanted it to return to the relevant product-summary page even when they added-to-cart from the product-detail page (both ways make sense; it's just a personal preference I guess)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - August 28 2008 :  21:36:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by devshbyour setup's slightly different in that you wanted it to return to the relevant product-summary page even when they added-to-cart from the product-detail page (both ways make sense; it's just a personal preference I guess)

Thanks Simon, makes sense.

For anyone else reading, I think part of the difference it that in our case, we don't have an 'add to cart' button on the browsing pages with the thumbnails. On our site, the customer must click through to the full product detail page on shopexd to add an item to the cart. With posters, no one will buy based just on a thumbnail, they want to see the larger extended image.

Edited by - Peter on August 28 2008 21:39:04
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - August 29 2008 :  04:45:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simon,

I've added the upgrade and the add to cart works great now on the main browsing page - thanks.

However it has produced another error.

When a search is made on the site the following error is produced:
Page size must be numeric
If you search for 12000 (one of our lingerie sets) you will see what I mean.

Peter,

Yes it does depend on what you sell and for posters I can see customers not wanting to buy from a thumbnail.

I analysed our stats and found that 78% of toys orders were made from thumbnail pages, 85% of lubricant orders were made from thumbnail pages, but only 22% of lingerie from the thumbnail pages. I would assume that for clothing everyone would want to see an enlarged image, but I would be wrong.

It could be the same with your posters. Try putting a buy button on the thumbnails and see what happens. If it increases your orders great, if not take it off again.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - August 29 2008 :  04:59:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simon,

Just realised the filters don't work either and produce the same error message.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - August 29 2008 :  05:16:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've tried to send an email about this, but the contact form keeps coming up with the error "bad character".

Steve
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - August 29 2008 :  08:54:32  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The contact form on our site has been changed to take out certain characters for security reasons, so sometimes certain tags will cause an error; the support system is less strict on that front as it's got more security around it than the basic contact form.
The latest problem is probably due to a config value needing tweaking, maybe to use a different datatype argument (or it might be a bug, although I can't replicate the problem on our latest dev/demo system)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - August 29 2008 :  22:18:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve2507

It could be the same with your posters. Try putting a buy button on the thumbnails and see what happens. If it increases your orders great, if not take it off again.

Thanks Steve, interesting info.
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - September 01 2008 :  16:33:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simon,

Thanks for the help, all sorted now. Don't know how it died, but it's reserected now and that's the main thing.

Peter,

No problem.

Steve
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000