Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Suggestions for future release
 Table less layout
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

elvis
VP-CART Super User

202 Posts

Posted - August 11 2008 :  04:42:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last 5 years there is a strong movement towards tableless layout throughout CMS community.

I think there are lots of things we can do with vpasp.

I suggest to make a special forum topic for this purpose.

Everyone can contribute their table less layouts.

elvis
VP-CART Super User

202 Posts

Posted - August 22 2008 :  15:44:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems there is little concern about table less layout in vpasp community unfortunately.
sigh...
Go to Top of Page

cayars
Starting Member

USA
49 Posts

Posted - August 22 2008 :  21:24:52  Show Profile  Visit cayars's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There really isn't anything wrong with tables themselves. The real problem IMHO is when they are used for the whole page.

Carlo
Go to Top of Page

elvis
VP-CART Super User

202 Posts

Posted - August 23 2008 :  02:01:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Table is great if you use for that purpose to display data etc. but it is not designed for layout.
I will create more codes, seo unfriendly etc. Table design is for the last century in my opinion.

http://www.hotdesign.com/seybold/

Edited by - elvis on August 23 2008 02:05:23
Go to Top of Page

MitchellT
Starting Member

USA
22 Posts

Posted - August 31 2008 :  17:30:48  Show Profile  Visit MitchellT's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm interested in table-less layouts in VP-ASP, but it would be nice to have some examples of existing sites or a migration/conversion checklist.
Go to Top of Page

sachi
Starting Member

India
34 Posts

Posted - September 22 2008 :  13:10:10  Show Profile  Visit sachi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MitchellT

... it would be nice to have some examples of existing sites or a migration/conversion checklist.

Yeah - can anyone not post existing sites or a checklist for moving to table less layout - i intend to try one soon

Welcome to the world of Candle Expression

-----------------------
www.seventhsenseindia.com
Go to Top of Page

sachi
Starting Member

India
34 Posts

Posted - October 01 2008 :  15:52:13  Show Profile  Visit sachi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does it even make sense suggesting ideas for future releases, when no one of the admin responds to it!? This entire forum has not a single replies from any Admin or moderators - if i hadnt missed out ... And may i ask, is it a policy that Vpasp does not speak about the next releases or are they posted elsewhere.

For those of us who intend to buy a copy sooner or later - its not just about curiosity of What the next release might just be or when its likely to be - it just helps us plan ....

-----------------------
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 01 2008 :  23:20:14  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there

The forum is generally for customers to correspond with each other. We do not actively monitor it except to jump in if things get out of hand.

When developing new releases we do go through the list of posts in this category however and pull out the good ideas.

We are actually currently developing version 700 so if you have any ideas you would like to see implemented please feel free to post.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support
Go to Top of Page

sachi
Starting Member

India
34 Posts

Posted - October 06 2008 :  07:18:17  Show Profile  Visit sachi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by support

Hi there

We are actually currently developing version 700 so if you have any ideas you would like to see implemented please feel free to post.

Thanks
Cam

VPASP Support

Here are some fairly simple things i wish Vpasp add on future releases :

1)
Ad banner system : If not a complete advertising banner system, at least a stripped down version of a banner system will be nice - one can simply use the welcome message ( like the one on the home page ) and extend that same idea as a banner system where its possible to link banners or even google adsense links. The same can be used to add banners to specifically put up ads inviting visitors attention to a particular product on sale and so on.

2)
Should like to see an option for putting up random images or banners right above the bread crumbs, so it gives the layout a nice look and feel.

3)
It would make it look better to have the alphabet search option be placed right below the bread crumbs - not sure it can be achieved with the current version.

4)
A view only product images filter option - so one is able to only see the images of the product with clickable option to see details or simply add to cart option

5)
each product be searchable with a unique product id or number

6)
Product stamp date - last updated or edited

7)
page numbering on top as well as at the bottom of the product display page - ability to jump page input box - ability to jump to specific product by inputting its unique id or number.

8)
search product based on price range

4)
alphabetical search option under each category

5)
Alert message, while inputting minimum or maximum quantity - while clicking add to cart button - so one does not have to recalculate while at the view basket option - each product may it self have a minimum or maximum order option.

6)
Ajax : like to see Ajax work when one clicks add to basket - instead of taking us to the view basket option and then returning to shop - i wish when one clicks the add to basket, the icon changes ( ajax ) to an icon indicating added to basket - some thing like that ...

7)
No right column + scroll bar : wish one can have an option or layout to view just one product at a time without the right column and with out scroll bars - with all such option as - drop down list of categories and subcategories - jumping products or to a specific page - the next, previous product icon - alphabet listings of products - hope some one can visualise what am trying to say and put it up in better words

8) And how about a Photo-Gallery system for Vpasp !!

-----------------------
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00