Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 USPS Calculation Bug
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cayars
Starting Member

USA
49 Posts

Posted - August 09 2008 :  11:57:10  Show Profile  Visit cayars's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is a bug in the USPS calculation if using xcheckIndividualProduct="Yes" with xcheckIndividualProductField set to a field holding seperate weight items.

If the customer only purchases quantity ONE the routine is fine and calculates the shipping correctly but if the customer selects TWO or MORE then the shipping weight is only calculated as if the customer purchased ONE.

I just briefly started playing with this and was looking at the code for it and it didn't make sense to me so I tried it and sure enough it calculates wrong with qty of 2 or more.

The basic problem is in Getproductweight in file uspostalrealtime.asp. This routine handles the weight calculation (normally) with a statement

weight=csng(weight)*Prodquantity

With the individual calculation there is no quantity calculation.

I don't see an easy fix for this but I haven't played much at all. Adding a "*Prodquantity" to this part of the individual routine before the exit sub gives an error that the shipping is over 70 pounds (limit for USPS).

I of course an testing this routine with a product weight of 70 lbs so 2 of them should give me a shopping cart weight of 140 lbs....

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by - cayars on August 09 2008 11:58:14
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00