Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Electronic Gateways
 Google Checkout Part 2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

riprod
VP-CART New User

USA
85 Posts

Posted - June 06 2008 :  06:23:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all.

For others with the same issue...
I found the issues with Google checkout, with the help of vpasp support. All the files they provide are separated into the root folder and a sub folder called "google". Everything needs to be moved into the root directly and all the references in all the code need to be updated to remove the "google/" and in the "../" from the includes. Then it works.

That said, is there anyone that can develop a better version of the Google Checkout. The current version works but has 2 serious limitations and unfortunately I am getting more and more requests for the Google checkout payment option (otherwise I would forget it).

1. The checkout button can only be on the "View Cart" page, so customers are confused as to select "Google Checkout" or "Proceed to Checkout"

2. You can only use "Flat Rate" or "Lookup" for shipping. Not realtime Fedex or UPS or USPS. Also no weight based calculations.

The best would be if someone could make a version that can be added to the payment page, not the checkout page. So the user can use a credit card, select paypal or select Google.

THanks and thanks to the VPASP guys for getting the current version working.

bobbya
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - July 01 2008 :  10:46:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure about #2 but I do believe that Google requires #1 to be just as it is now.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00