Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Hello Simon??? Anyone heard from BYZ lately??????
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

allegro
Starting Member

Australia
24 Posts

Posted - June 01 2008 :  22:05:52  Show Profile  Visit allegro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I bought the lifetime installation package over a week ago along with one of BYZ's fabulous Add-Ons and I've been waiting a week now for them to install the Add-On. I've posted a "hello? anyone there?" to the support file, but no answer. Thought I'd perhaps post here and that maybe Simon will read this.

Cheers,
Helene

Thanks,
Helene

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - June 02 2008 :  03:36:53  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Helene,
Many apologies about that; I've just tried the ftp etc and that's ok, so I'm doing it now; if anyone gets a lack of response for some reason then just shout; sometimes tickets might get missed etc, so if anyone does get that kind of "lost" situation, post a shouty ticket and/or send me a shouty email direct. I know people shouldn't have to post/email reminders, but sometimes they do help when there are quite a lot of tickets already in the system (we get a lot of general how-to questions etc, so sometimes the really important ones do get missed)

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

Al Gardner
VP-CART New User

Canada
53 Posts

Posted - June 06 2008 :  09:48:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simon,

I have been trying all week to contact you using the contact info you sent me, but without luck. Please get in touch.

Al
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - June 12 2008 :  18:29:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sadly, it's my turn; Simon, where are you?

I originally contacted you 11 days ago and last heard from you 8 days ago. Please get in touch ASAP, it's holding up my entire site.
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - June 12 2008 :  18:45:17  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi guys,
for the record/forum, I've contacted and completed helene and al's issues; peter, assuming you're the same peter I think you are, I've now sorted out that problem you had and emailed you about it this evening.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com

Edited by - devshb on June 12 2008 19:31:50
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - June 12 2008 :  19:35:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Simon has just resolved my issue as promised - thanks Simon!

It's s shame that I needed the forum to make it happen, but once BYZ are on task, they are brilliant (might explain why they are so busy).
Go to Top of Page

saki
VP-CART New User

82 Posts

Posted - June 13 2008 :  08:08:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I second that. Simon needs to put a status indicator on his BYZ homepage so we know how long the wait.
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - June 16 2009 :  19:53:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else presently having trouble getting in touch with BYZ?

I first emailed Simon 5 weeks ago, and put a support request 10 days ago which is still listed as new.

The ticket reference is 100425YVQAVRYDUUOHUFMTKSL, should you be reading Simon.

Edited by - Peter on June 16 2009 19:54:24
Go to Top of Page

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - June 17 2009 :  19:47:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must admit the BYZ addons are very very good but simon does seem to strugle with support or keeping on top of it.

Im sure he will get to you, but Simon you really need to address this. I know a few people who have shyed away from an add on because of this.

Regards,

Mark
Fireworks
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - June 19 2009 :  02:12:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Priest

I must admit the BYZ addons are very very good but simon does seem to strugle with support or keeping on top of it.

Exactly right - the quality of the BYZ work is fantastic, they just struggle to deliver anything on time (in my experience).

Simon has now been in touch and provided his usual comprehensive response, which is great. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - September 07 2009 :  02:24:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peter
Simon has now been in touch and provided his usual comprehensive response, which is great. Thanks.

Unfortunately, this was the last I heard form BYZ, despite a few follow ups. Is anyone else having trouble getting in touch with them at the moment?

Simon's support back in June was very helpful and correct, as it always is.

Sadly, my follow up question has gone unanswered for the three months since (I'm seeking paid support, by the way).

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - September 07 2009 :  04:01:26  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
my laptop failed on me a few weeks ago, so I missed a few things, but I've now replied to the ticket.

if anyone else has problems, just create a support ticket on our support area of bigyellowzone.com, and if that gets missed for some reason then buzz me on skype, msn, or yahoo (I don't want to post my ids for those here, but I'm happy to post them on relevant support tickets or give them out to clients/customers when needed; I've added those details to the ticket mentioned above)

every now and then we might mistake a customisation/paid request as a general but complex "how to" question, which is what happened here. We try to avoid that problem, but we get 100's of general how-to questions and sometimes the customisation requests/asepcts get lost amongst them, if that happens then just skype/msn/yahoo/email me.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - September 13 2009 :  22:56:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by devshb

my laptop failed on me a few weeks ago, so I missed a few things, but I've now replied to the ticket.

Simon, I haven't found you on MSN since you posted this a week ago. We always managed in the past, but perhaps the time difference has been responsible this week.

Four days ago, I sent you an email and also updated the help desk ticket. Have you received both of these?

Now three months later, this is becoming a becoming a big problem for my business. The BYZ addons are fantastic and I'd hate to lose them, but it is huge issue when they are unsupported.

To anyone else reading, I'm sorry this is on a public forum.

I want to reiterate that I'm seeking paid support, after significant paid work initially. I'm not expecting anything for nothing.

Simon really is fantastic when you have his attention, the quality of his work and the BYZ addons is excellent. It's just a shame you can't reply on support being available.
Go to Top of Page

grahamcrackerscomics.com
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - September 16 2009 :  12:28:31  Show Profile  Visit grahamcrackerscomics.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Peter -
I can really empathize. I went through all the same stuff with BYZ as well. Fantastic Add On's but tweaking them to work with your paticular version/hosting plan can be an absolute nightmare if Simon doesn't have any free time.

Once I got the ones I felt I NEEDED in place, I have since shyed away from the 'that would be nice' to have ones because of all the troubles...

Good Luck,
At least BYZ isn't malicious in their business practices, I think he's just over commited.

Perhaps your problem is something one of us has ran into as well and can be of some help?

--John
www.grahamcrackers.com
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - September 16 2009 :  21:44:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by grahamcrackerscomics.com

At least BYZ isn't malicious in their business practices, I think he's just over commited.

Perhaps your problem is something one of us has ran into as well and can be of some help?

I absolutely agree John.

There are some BYZ addons that I really value, including a couple of big ones that I originally spent a lot on developing. Simon/BYZ are great to work with when you have their attention, and I agree that they are not malicious at all. The inability to keep up is the only really serious issue I've come across.

I needed a small change to a customisation specific to my site, so Simon's help was probably required in this case. Thank you though.

To update the public record, I'm happy to report that Simon has resolved my customisation issue within the last hour or so. Quality work as always, just a shame it took such a long time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00