Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 container border?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

earthfort
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  14:39:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everybody!

This is driving me nuts, hope you can give me some insight..

I'm trying to get rid of the padding which surrounds the objects in the #container in the stylesheet and I can't seem to do it--mostly because that div doesn't list any padding :P. Am I just looking in the wrong place? Does that make sense?

Looking at the online demo I'm talking about the space between the outer border of the container/wrap div and the left column, utilbar, navbar & header.

Yeargh.

Thanks in advance!

adam

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  02:58:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Adam,

you really need to have a look at your shop.css file in the stylesheets folder. Open the file with a text editor. You will see all the style settings for the various elements throught the site. If you're using vp-asp 6.50 then I think the setting you're looking for is

/* Encloses all content area under header */
#wrap {
padding:5px;
border:1px solid #e5e5e5;
}

You can change this padding to 0

Hope this helps,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

earthfort
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  16:20:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply, Carrol

Changing the padding in the #wrap doesn't do anything.. I can make it 200px or 0. nothing happens.. do you know if there are any other divs that control that padding?

The margin in the #container, #wrap line is just for the distance between the header and the body. When examining the various properties for the header/body, something called -moz-box-sizing: border-box; keeps coming up. I wonder if that has something to do with it? Deleting that line doesn't seem to have any effect though.

Bleh!
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  04:38:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Adam,

-moz-box-sizing is used by mozilla browsers to alter the default CSS box model used to calculate widths and heights of elements. border-box - the width and height properties include the padding and border, but not the margin. This is the box model used by Internet Explorer when the document is not in Standards-compliant mode

I think you will need to check the margin and border values of the various elements eg. #utilbar, #nav etc.

Perhaps someone else in the forums with a better knowledge of stylesheets could help out here

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00