Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Common Language Phrase Change
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

answerman
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  13:18:22  Show Profile  Visit answerman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not looking for a "how to' on this so much as an explanation of what is happening.

In the English language, the phrase "LangCreate02" reads "Payment may be made by credit card or check". My client does not accept checks. I edited both the MySQL entry for "LangCreate02" as well as the text in "shop$language_english.asp" to read "Payment may be made by credit card." However, the original text is still showing on the "shopcreateorder.asp" page.

Where is this information being pulled from? The only other place I found this text was in the create650admin.txt file, which I assume is not used once the database is populated when the store is first set up.

I have run into this a couple of other times when I have changed phrases, so I am just looking for an understanding of how this works.

answerman
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  13:25:30  Show Profile  Visit answerman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oddly, for a different reason I needed to restart IIS shortly after I posted this and the correct text is now showing. Is this somehow stored as a global server variable?
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  09:14:55  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You need to edit the language variables from the admin console, not the way you did it. And it's a 2-step process.

1. Go to Occassional tab
2. International section
3. Edit language, search for your item to edit, edit it, save it.

4. THEN under the International section, click on Reset Language.

Changes won't reflect in cart until you Reset Lang.

Regards,
Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

answerman
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - May 29 2009 :  17:10:45  Show Profile  Visit answerman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Halle-freakin-lujah!

I have been trying to figure this out for over a year, and just stumbled across this post. I've asked a couple times on the forum why language changes don't show up until an IIS reset, or for a while anyway, and no one was able to answer it. I'm just moving this back up so hopefully the next poor slob can find it faster than I did!

Again, thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00