Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 how to change image size in category
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dwight
VP-CART New User

USA
143 Posts

Posted - May 06 2008 :  10:07:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to know where the template/code is that controls the display of the following:

http://www.myshop.com/shop/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=55&cat=hats

The above is what is in the address bar.

I want to be able to change the image size and display of categories individually.

Is this done with templates and can I have a different one for each category. Not after changing the actual products display but want to change how the categories are displayed.

thanks
dwight

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  05:21:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dwight,

Basically one size fits all for category displays. You can only use one template for any page that shows categories eg shopdisplaycategories?id=999&cat=Your+Stuff etc etc This template is tmp_categorytemplate.htm and you can change the appearance however you want but it will affect every single category display on every level of the tree. If you really want different display for different category branches then you are looking at custom coding.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  08:45:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is possible, but it will take custom coding.

You could have a seperate field in the categories table which denotes the shopdisplaycategories file to use.

So category A could use shopdisplaycategories_1.sp, category B shopdisplaycategories_2.asp etc.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00