Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Anyone Know of a good mulit methodshipping config?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

arizonius
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - April 21 2008 :  23:16:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I currently use USPS live rates on my site. I'd like to also offer either FedEx or UPS along with USPS.

However, It beleive the default setup would be that the customer would choose either UPS or USPS in the pulldown on shopcustomer.asp. From there, they would either go to uspostalrealtime or upsxmlrealtime to choose options specific for that carrier.

This is fine, but I think it would be a lot better if the customer could choose from the different carriers from one page and see ALL rates and options at one time.

For instance, they could choose between "local area pickup" and "USPS / UPS Shipping" on shopcustomer. Then on the next page they could see all rates and options. They choose, and then go to shopcreateorder.

Anyone seen anything like this out there? Any developers out there that can create it?

Or...another option would be to have a calculator that could be placed in a 200px wide column (in the template for instance) that would show all of these rates real time and update as the customer added items to cart - that would be cool (this way the ups and usps real time pages wouldn't have to be messed with and the customer can choose shipping methods like normal).

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks!

arizonius
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - April 21 2008 :  23:19:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oops - I kind of mangled that title. Sorry about that.
Go to Top of Page

seeker1
VP-CART New User

Australia
114 Posts

Posted - April 21 2008 :  23:57:03  Show Profile  Visit seeker1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
See http://www.hkprog.com/vpasp/shipping.htm

This does exactly what you had in mind and more.

Howard Kadetz
www.hkprog.com
[email protected]
VP-ASP customizations and software enhancements
Go to Top of Page

goshen
VP-CART New User

132 Posts

Posted - April 27 2008 :  08:39:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seeker1 is right. This is one of teh best shipping addon that I have seen and used. I even had seeker1 extend the functionality of the default VPASP shipping module to allow us to charge different shipping rate based on the country/region the order is being shipped from. For example, if a custoimer in the USA orders an item from our store and the item is being shipped from Australia, then the cost of shipping from Australia is automatically charged. The same item will have a different shipping rate if the customer is based in Australia where the item originates from.

Seeker1 (HKprog.com) also stands solidly by his addons and custom programming providing extensive support beyond what most other programmers will offer you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00