Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Search Engine Optimisation
 Google Doesn''t Index "default.asp" Home Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pcgraphix
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - March 16 2008 :  08:59:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've discovered a very troubling issue and wondering if others are exeriencing this...Google won't index "default.asp" which is the home page for three of my vpasp websites. Google even responded to one of my clients & simply stated that something is wrong with the default.asp page & therefore they are unable to index it.

Here is how I confirmed this issue...
-Go to Google & enter "site:unitedsafescorporation.com/default.asp" in the search bar & Google will return "did not match any documents". This tells me that default.asp has not been indexed.
-At first I thought maybe Google simply doesn't index ASP files but that is not true. Entering "site:unitedsafescorporation.com" in the Google search field will result in hundreds of other ASP files BUT default.asp is not one of them.

I performed the same checks on my other sites (edgefieldmedicalsupply.com & qualitygiftideas.com) with the same results...default.asp is not being indexed.

I then began checking other vpasp websites that use default.asp as their home page & discovered Google also fails to index default.asp on their websites.

So far I've only found two vpasp stores that have their home page ASP files indexed by Google....
site:netballproshop.com/default.asp
site:costaricacoffeeshop.com/index.asp

What could possibly be causing this??

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - March 20 2008 :  08:42:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is perfectly normal.

It is indexing your page, if you search site:unitedsafescorporation.com/ you well see your home page appearing at the top.

It is quite normal for G to drop the default.asp/index.htm/index.js or whatever as in your case http://www.unitedsafescorporation.com/ is the same as http://www.unitedsafescorporation.com/default.asp. G prefers the shortened version whenever possible.

Have a look at our site. Site for site:temptationsdirect.co.uk/default.asp and nothing comes up, search for site:temptationsdirect.co.uk/ and our home page is at the top.

Steve
Sex toys from a UK sex shop

Edited by - Steve2507 on March 20 2008 08:44:27
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00