Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Fedex Live Shipping Calculator + Freight
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

norik000
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - March 11 2008 :  00:21:47  Show Profile  Visit norik000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am developing a shipping calculator that connects to Fed Ex and obtains an up to date shipping information and rates. It will also work with Fed Ex Freight services.

If any one is interested to Resell this script, or buy this script upon completion please send me an email, and I will notify you as soon as all development and testings are finished.

If you have any suggestion and Ideas let me know as well, I might be able to incorporate some of your ideas too.

norik[at]Parscat.com

Regards, Norik

-------------------------------
www.Parscat.com
<signature>3D</signature>

Edited by - norik000 on March 11 2008 00:23:44

cmsnetsol
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - March 12 2008 :  08:48:04  Show Profile  Visit cmsnetsol's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am doing a site that needs a Freight option. It is an antique dealer that ships heavy things.

Will this work seamlessly with 6.50's checkout process? I might be interested if the price is right.

Keep me updated.

Thank you
CMS Internet Solutions
http://www.cmsnetsol.com

Edited by - cmsnetsol on March 12 2008 08:49:00
Go to Top of Page

norik000
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - March 14 2008 :  03:38:26  Show Profile  Visit norik000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will try to keep the price in a reasonable range. This will also work for items weighted over 150+ lbs

Any tips are highly appreciated, because I am trying to finish this ASAP and do not have much time to make it more user friendly.

So, demand will decide how user friendly this module has to be.

Thanks for your interest, I will definitely keep you updated.

www.Parscat.com
Go to Top of Page

RNN
VP-CART New User

USA
54 Posts

Posted - March 16 2008 :  09:48:36  Show Profile  Visit RNN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Let me know when it's ready.

rzoo at optonline.net

Bob
Go to Top of Page

norik000
Starting Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - June 12 2008 :  04:09:53  Show Profile  Visit norik000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi to all, and sorry for the long delay on this script. FedEx changed some of its webservices API since June 1st and this is the most recent script available.

I know shipping is a frustrating part of any business.
I was able to implement a successful calculator with FedEx [Domestic Express and Freight]. However it is not universal, and fully customized for my client.
I would like you to answer the following questions so I can make it a universal shipping calculator.

* what kind of products you sell
* how you package and ship your products now
* what features would you like to have in your shipping calculator setting page? (Break shipping boxes by weight, being able to change shipping date, 1business day or 2weeks later the item will be shipped, shipping pickup or drop off, etc.)
* any suggested price you are willing to pay for the script. [I can write customized calculators if you sell unique products: hazard, alcohol, irregular, international, or ...]

Please pass the above questions to your clients if you plan to sell this scripts to them. This version might have few bugs and is not universal, however it can be customized to work with any sort of product.

==============================================
I also moved the shipping calculator to shopaddtocart.asp if anyone is interested to move a shipping calculation a step ahead. [This is good for Paypal purchases, and also client sees the shipping rate upfront]

==============================================

Please let me have your answers, please also participate if you do not have overweight items and want to have a live Fedex shipping calculator.

Regards,
-Norik

www.Parscat.com
Go to Top of Page

ttjswp
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - September 24 2008 :  17:19:25  Show Profile  Visit ttjswp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are you still working on this??
I sell metal patio covers.
Bundled / no pallet, no liftgate needed, residential, 200 - 3000 lbs.
I had to break up the u.s. into zip code "ranges" and run freight quotes for every 100 lbs.
I used product features dropdown and select list, then in the data file under select list input the ranges with the additional cost for freight as follows:
01000-21799 [$180], 21800-49999 [$180], 50000-69999 [$180], 70000-79999 [$180], 80000-84999 [$158], 85000-89999 [$158], 90000-97999 [$149], 98000-99999 [$158]

This works however is quote crude and tax is added to the shipping cost as it's not ran in shipping but in product features.
Go to Top of Page

lonnie
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - November 18 2009 :  23:01:51  Show Profile  Visit lonnie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are you still working on the FedEx integration? If so you can check out my site www.proteasofhawaii.com and click on a Buy Me button for any item. My issue was not rates as much as delivery commitments. I used the FedEx ShipManagerAPI to send a transaction with destination zipcode and develop a delivery commitment calendar from the returned transaction results. Economy Service charges are included in my prices. Any service upgrades required to meet desired delivery generates addirtional $10 or $20 charges. There's also address verification and delivery tracking using the FedEx API. If any of this help your project let me know, [email protected].

Lonnie Hardesty
www.estorecart.com
[email protected]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00