Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 shipping items over 150 lbs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cmsnetsol
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - March 10 2008 :  11:31:33  Show Profile  Visit cmsnetsol's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

We are ready to go live just about and the biggest hang up we are having at the moment is trying to get the system to use (at this point) at least one method of shipping for items over 150 lbs. We have Fedex, UPS and USPS.

Today it seems that USPS will now not take anything over 70 lbs. Is there a way that we can at least get UPS to work?

Thank you this is the last big thing we have before go live next week.

I have this in as well to the helpdesk and will post if I hear a solution, but if anyone else has dealt with this I would appreciate any feedback.

We are doing this site for an antiques dealer who sells some heavy items.

Thank you

Edited by - cmsnetsol on March 10 2008 11:33:37

tnewis
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - March 14 2008 :  01:03:45  Show Profile  Visit tnewis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I need to know if you have found a resolution for this problem. I'm also experiencing other issues with the US Postal Real Time add-On not calculating correctly - it's driving me and my customer crazy.
Go to Top of Page

cmsnetsol
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - March 18 2008 :  10:39:59  Show Profile  Visit cmsnetsol's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok the resolution is there is no resolution. The FedEx real-time needs to be rewritten as per VPASP. So max is 150 lbs and I have found all the rates to be wrong when calculating on FedEx itself. Sometimes it is less sometimes more never the same.

The UPS also is maxed at 150 lbs. Again all rates are wrong when comparing to USP web site package quote.

USPS is maxed at 70 lbs, and I have found all rates to be wrong as well. So my client is none to happy as well.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00