Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 tmp_supplieremail.txt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikeach
Starting Member

USA
40 Posts

Posted - March 04 2008 :  15:19:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

Trying to figure out how to change the email template sent to the supplier when an order is placed, I need to add in the [ccode] below the name of the product but am at a loss on where to find the product info added to the email. I've editted the email template the way I want except that I have to be able to include the [ccode] for each product. Any ideas on where the code is that adds this to the email?

Thanks for any help,

Mike

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - March 05 2008 :  00:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dont think you can, i think you can only add fields that exists on your orders table for supplier email
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - March 05 2008 :  03:20:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike,

I'm not 100% sure, but this could be done by having ccode as one of the product fields that is added to the basket (see xcartfields in the Admin panel). We have ccode,cdescription in ours to match our catalogue when the customer gets their email order confirmation. You can then add [Add_oitems] to the tmp_supplieremail.htm as in the e-mail that is sent to the customer. For a look at which fields are in [oitems] open tmp_oitems.txt. The big drawback here is that if you have more than one supplier's products on an order, they will see all the products and prices, not just their own, which is why I think the oitems details are not in the suppliers' emails as standard so that they have to login to Admin to check.

Perhaps someone else could clarify this, as we don't use the suppliers options in our cart.

Regards,

Carrol
www.deanston-electrical.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - March 05 2008 :  03:30:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My apologies, I've just realised that the supplier email only includes their own products. Forget about the adding oitems to the supplier email template. Just add the ccode field to you xcartfields and that should do the trick. It will show up alongside the product name (or description if that's in the cart).

Regards,

Carrol
Go to Top of Page

mikeach
Starting Member

USA
40 Posts

Posted - March 05 2008 :  09:49:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carfin

Hi Mike,

I'm not 100% sure, but this could be done by having ccode as one of the product fields that is added to the basket (see xcartfields in the Admin panel). We have ccode,cdescription in ours to match our catalogue when the customer gets their email order confirmation. You can then add [Add_oitems] to the tmp_supplieremail.htm as in the e-mail that is sent to the customer. For a look at which fields are in [oitems] open tmp_oitems.txt. The big drawback here is that if you have more than one supplier's products on an order, they will see all the products and prices, not just their own, which is why I think the oitems details are not in the suppliers' emails as standard so that they have to login to Admin to check.

Perhaps someone else could clarify this, as we don't use the suppliers options in our cart.

Regards,

Carrol

Thanks Carrol! Just adding it to the xcartfields added it to the supplier email.

Now I'd like to be able to remove the sale price from the supplier's email since that's the price we sell the items for, not what we pay the supplier for them, so really it's none of their business plus it's more information to confuse them with.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - March 05 2008 :  10:05:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To remove your own selling prices from the suppliers e-mail message open file shopmailsupplier.asp in notepad or html editor and find sub routine Sub Formatsupplier (supplierid, rstiems) should be about line 120 or so.
Then find the line
body = body & getlang("langproductprice") & ": " & shopformatcurrency(rsitems("unitprice"),getconfig("xdecimalpoint")) & cr & cr

Comment this line out with ' at the start.

You should still get the your suppliers prices in the e-mail

Regards,

Carrol
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 05 2008 :  10:35:07  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
in case you want to make other tweaks, it's worth mentioning that our slip addon has a separate file for the supplier email templates (one for the supplier order level, similarly to vpasp, but crucially also one for the supplier items), which you can tweak relatively easily:

http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=18

a relevant note from all that blurb is....

There are 5 versions included in the slip - two for Admin so that you can print your invoices/receipts/slips, and another two for the customer, and another for the supplier emails. Each of these are individually configurable so that you can make each version different, and you can install/use any of these or all of them.

For supplier slip emails (which you can optionally use), it comes with 2 formats; one is the main supplier email template, and the other is an optional file attachment that you can send to the supplier attached to their email. This is so that, for example, you can display the info of the order in the main supplier email, and then have the supplier print off the separate attachment as a slip to put inside the package as an inventory list if your supplier is shipping the items themselves.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on March 05 2008 10:35:51
Go to Top of Page

mikeach
Starting Member

USA
40 Posts

Posted - March 05 2008 :  11:23:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Better! Almost there! This is what it now displays in the product area of the email:

Test Product 1
TEST001
Test Product
Quantity : 1

Total US$1.00

How do I get the Total US$1.00 out of there? I've looked through the whole code area but just can't seem to be able to pick out where the Total is generated.

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Mike
Go to Top of Page

carfin
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
948 Posts

Posted - March 06 2008 :  02:46:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike,

open shopmailsupplier.asp and find subroutine: Sub FormatMailMessage (supplierMessages, body, price,filename)

Find line that reads:
Body=Body & CR & getlang("LangProducttotal") & " " & shopformatcurrency(price,getconfig("xdecimalpoint")) & CR
and comment it out with ' at the start

This will remove the 'total' from showing.

Regards,

Carrol
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00